Nad combo

tosh

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi,I was thinking of swapping my Arcam a65+ amp and Cambridge audio 640c cd player for a Nad 315 amp and Nad 515 cd player.They would be connected to a pair of Kef iq5se.Any thoughts would be good

matthewpiano

What is it you don't like about your existing equipment? Strikes me you would be going backwards, certainly sideways at best. I've had an A65+ in the past and disliked it. Am interested to know you thoughts about it and what you hope to achieve with your change.

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm no expert - but I do like NAD and Kef together. My 1st system was a Dual Turntable, NAD 3020 Amp with a pair of Kef Coda's

Now I have a NAD C541i CD player with a NAD C320BEE Amp and Kef Q15.2 speakers

Your choice looks pretty fantastic to me!

But the experts here will give you far better advice.

tosh

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
I've never really been happy with the Arcam,just sounds lifeless. The Nad gear is supposed to excel in the midrange and this would suit my listening eg vocal,americana etc

matthewpiano

tosh:I've never really been happy with the Arcam,just sounds lifeless. The Nad gear is supposed to excel in the midrange and this would suit my listening eg vocal,americana etc

Exactly how both I felt about the A65+. Dull, lifeless, and boring.

You'll love the NAD sound. I would look at going up to the C325BEE amp. The C325BEE is a stormer and not that much more expensive. This will give you plenty of current and drive for the KEFs and I bet you'll never want to switch it off. Would be refreshing after the Arcam!

By the way, the Cambridge isn't a bad CD player. Could be worth trying that with the C325BEE first.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yeah the Arcam DiVA A65 amp wasnt one of the best; a bit hollow and dull sounding.

Would be much better partnered with a decent power amp; say the Arcam DiVA P85 or P90; that would help your circumstances alot and can be bough on eBay.

The NAD combo sounds good and will drive the KEF's well.

What kind of music do you listen to?

TRENDING THREADS