NAD c355bee

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
had my c355bee for a few days now and am very impressed with the amount of detail it churns out, and generally the amount of space it gives between vocals/instruments, also without any discernable distortion at higher levels. it defintely carries the nad house sound which suits most tastes. i will be interested to read if people prefer it to its predecessor?

A

Anonymous

I've heard them both but sadly not in the same system on the same day, so I can't say which is best. The on/off switch at the back of the 355 is certainly a pain though, what's all that about? Other than that it seems a damned fine amplifier and simply stunning for the price.

A

Anonymous

Its a great piece of kit, picked mine up for £350 which is a bit of a steal, I keep the switch at the back on all the time, and use the on/off at the front, so it doesnt bother. I think the new set up inside the box is giving much more transparency accross the musical range....

A

Anonymous

The button on the front isn't an on/off switch though, it just puts the unit in standby and by all accounts, standby uses a fair amount of 'leccy. I hate leaving things on standby for extended periods. It will be extremely interesting to read some reviews on this amp because I'm dying to know if the old C352 is better! The C352 was an improvement over the older C350 but NAD got the C372 very wrong indeed, the C370 absolutely slayed it and remains their best classic series amplifier IMO. I wish they still made them because I'd have one. Not too keen on picking up an old one on Ebay though!

nads

[quote user="Wild Willy"] but NAD got the C372 very wrong indeed, [/quote]May i ask in what way? seriously interested as i was the sound that i liked coming from my 3130.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="nads"][quote user="Wild Willy"] but NAD got the C372 very wrong indeed, [/quote]May i ask in what way? seriously interested as i was the sound that i liked coming from my 3130.[/quote]

Soz mate, I notice you have the amp. I and several others prefer the sound of the C370 to the C372, I'm not saying that the C372 in itself is a bad amp - far from it. I just think its predecessor is much better. More bass depth, more air around the instruments and more detail - better in every area really. I've owned both of them but absolutely loved the C370, it's one of my favourite amps ever made. By anybody.

nads

no probs, i never got to hear the 370, but i did do lots of comparison with the lower Nad amp which i found too fussy. But all these comment give me ideas on how to describe my set upwhich is one that i am very happy with in all ways.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Wild Willy"]I've heard them both but sadly not in the same system on the same day, so I can't say which is best. The on/off switch at the back of the 355 is certainly a pain though, what's all that about? Other than that it seems a damned fine amplifier and simply stunning for the price.[/quote]

The on/off switch is a bit ridiculous........I hope the 355 doesn't use too much power when it's in standby mode.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts