NAD, B&W setup.

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Here is my budget setup, I have had the 685s for 6 years almost and the NAD for 4years.

Over the last week I bought the I20 dock/DAC and this week the Atlas interconnector.

I have been messing with placement, jumper cables and homemade spikes under the speakers.

Here are the pictures.....

http://s15.photobucket.com/user/BLacKPooLLaD/library/Audio

Thanks

Luke

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Thank you.

The carbon wishbone is from Jenson Buttons BAR Honda from 2004, complete with wiring and hydraulic line.

Luke

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Good job.

You might consider some £7 Granite Worktop Savers (or Auralex speaker pads) under the speakers, as the spikes will couple them to the wooden cupboard (which is resonant).

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
That's a shame Steve, there Are things of beauty, its strange you look at the wiring all codes and locking pins on there, the wishbone has all the codes and serial numbers on there to trace it back.

Luke

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Funny you talk about granite. I used to have them under my speaker stand in my bedroom when I lived at home. I have been looking at some again.

Luke

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
That's cool! 8) Many years ago I worked for the Benetton F1 team (which have since changed their name to Renault F1 and now to Lotus F1). I was never allowed to keep any parts from a F1 car that actually competed but they did let me have a few bits of carbon fibre and CNC machined parts that were built but never actually made it onto the final cars (the contents or their bins and skips were full of stuff that was pure engineering beauty). I've given them away to a friend now but they were very cool looking.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
PLuKE said:
That's a shame Steve, there Are things of beauty, its strange you look at the wiring all codes and locking pins on there, the wishbone has all the codes and serial numbers on there to trace it back. Luke

I remember there was one bloke there who was hand laying the carbon fibre and aluminium honeycombe for the rollover hoop where the air intake is just above the drivers head. That was his sole job all day every day for months. After about five weeks he had almost completed it before deciding it wasn't quite perfect enough so he just calmly walked over to the bin, dropped it in and started again from scratch!

He said that one of the layers of carbon fiber was at the wrong angle by about a degree or two. It looked perfect to me but he wasn't satisfied and these F1 engineers take obsessive perfection to a degree that you wouldn't believe. It wasn't uncommon for them to spend days or weeks working on stuff just to throw it away because it wasn't good enough.

Apologies to PLuKE for the thread drift. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts