NAD 355 bee

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a NAD C 355bee+Marantz c6003+MA Bronze BR 2 combo.....clear vocal, very good in mid-low and have a punchy and powerfull bass...BUT I still need a more detail and airy midhigh and treble...(PS. the combo is still on runing-in period)....do I need a 'better' speakers (such as MA BX 5) or cd player?? thx

Generally amps don't need running in - it's more of getting used to a different sound. Everyone has different view on how long this takes: For me, however, it usually takes about a fortnight before I'm fully climatised to new amp.

With speakers it's a little different: Because of the moving parts they do need a good 2-5 weeks before you notice any improvement, and some brands can take up to 200 listening hours. Can you leave the system on quietly overnight?

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
PP, do you mean I just let my system ON during the night or playing some songs (in very low volume)?? Yes, I can (until now I swich them off....)... is it the way to get the runing-in time more quickly?? Thx for the sugestion.....

hortensio said:
PP, do you mean I just let my system ON during the night or playing some songs (in very low volume)?? Yes, I can (until now I swich them off....)... is it the way to get the runing-in time more quickly?? Thx for the sugestion.....

Yes with music playing quietly and put a cd on repeat. This enables the cones to vibrate and slowly loosen up.

My earlier suggestions about rough timings are based on how long you play music. On average I have my amp on for around 4-6 hours a day.

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thx a lot PP....so it's only about the runing-in time period...you don't see any problem with the combo itself?? Sincerely, I find it is a fantastic budget combo...I know NAD C 355 can drive more big speakers, but Bronze BR 2 give me really a nice "big" sound...

The combo seems well balanced, although it could be slightly bass heavy.

Are your speakers BR2 or BX2? the reason for asking is the BRs have now been replaced by the BX, and are consequently the plder model. How long have you had them? And the Nad? The 355 was replaced by the 356, likewise these models aren't new.

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the combo is rather "old generation"....I choose it because of their price....Yes PP, maybe cd player like CA azur c650 will give more highs....Cypher, I did not hear MUCH improvement done by BX2 above BR2 when I demoed them with the same combo...If I have to change the speaker, I would rather go for RX6 (ideally) or BX 5....

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to butt in but the BR2 and the BX2 are totally different speakers and actually Sound quite different.

The set up you currently have is perfectly good and still very new, sit back, relax put on some chilled tunes and enjoy. Don't bother spending again, you've spent your money on a decent system which will give you many years of happiness.

For what it's worth , I member that the BR2's in particular took a long time to sound their best.

Alternatively spend a load more money

A

Anonymous

The BR2's will take closer to 150 hours for them to sound their best; even longer sometimes dependent upon usage!

I've had my BX1's for 2 weeks now; running around 8 hours every day and theyre still getting better! It took my BX5's months to fully loosen up...

Enjoy your system for now but yes; the NAD C355BEE is a brillian amp and can manage a lot better speakers etc...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts