NAD 3150 floorstanders

transpond

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I think that the spam filter may have swallowed my previous attempt at a thread so apologies if this is a duplicate, but here's the reduced and much less chatty version of my query:

I have NAD 3150 plus NAD 801s and a Mission 73ps sub

Got 350 quid to get some new speakers

Room is 18 x 18 ft and 12ish foot high but open to another room on one side

I listen to many many styles of music ancient and modern

There are some Monitor Audio silver RS6's available locally within my price range. A harmonious match?

veecee

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi Transpond

I have a NAD 3150 playing through Celestions Ditton 66 and the combination is extremely good. I have had other speakers Mission M73 and Paradigm Studio 20 and still the vintage Celestion is unbeatable. So I highly recommend you auditioning Celetions from around Ditton 25, 44 or 66 if you can find a decent pair.

With larger speakers the NAD seems to provide a full range of acoutics from all sources. Even when streaming low rate 64 K audio there is a sense of musical depth and sound stage.

This is not only by my own ears, but all my friends who have been urging me to sell them this wonderful combination of amplifier and speaker.

Regards

Veecee

gallimorph

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am currently using a pair of 1962 Monitor Audio MA 1's, but often switch to a pair of Celestion F30's or JBL L50's - and, when I can be bothered to dig them out, a pair of 1973 KEF Concertos.

All four sound superb, but the NAD amp can cope with almost anything you plug into it. My sub is a JBL, but I hardly use it.

I also have a NAD C350 and a NAD C370, but the one I prefer to use most is the 3150.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gallimorph said:
Hi, I am currently using a pair of 1962 Monitor Audio MA 1's, but often switch to a pair of Celestion F30's or JBL L50's - and, when I can be bothered to dig them out, a pair of 1973 KEF Concertos.

All four sound superb, but the NAD amp can cope with almost anything you plug into it. My sub is a JBL, but I hardly use it.

I also have a NAD C350 and a NAD C370, but the one I prefer to use most is the 3150.

1972 otherwise they pre-date the company itself by 10 years :)

http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/biography/historical-timeline/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts