Speakers to suit my NAD 3150

transpond

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello.

I think this has already been captured by the spam filter so sorry if this is a multi-post!

I have a NAD 3150 in good nick. I have an 18 x 18 ft room which is about 12ft high. I listen to a huge range of music from ancient to modern, mainly from a Technics 1210 with ortofon stylus. I have about 350 quid to spend on new speakers. Would a pair of monitor audio rs6's I've seen for sale locally be a harmonious match with my amp? Would appreciate some advice as I've not bought any speakers for years and am in need of a proper upgrade. Thanks!

SteveR750

They probably would as the nad is a little warm, and the rs6 a touch forward. Another match would be B&W DM 685 or even some used DM602s3 which would be well within your budget. Plenty of used example normally so you get to pick some that have been looked after.

transpond

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much indeed for that- I'll look into the B&Ws as well as the Monitor Audios. The pair I was hoping to get have actually sold now anyway so it's very useful to have a few options. I should have put this in my original post, but it had been eaten by the spam filter a couple of times and I was getting bored/sloppy retyping it- I'm looking for floorstanders because I've got space for them and also have a young baby who'll probably knock standmounts off their perches once he starts walking. Would the floorstanders in the 600 series be a suitable match too or is it not that simple? Thanks also to whoever deleted my duplicate post!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts