Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
I wanted to know something..I googled it..guess what..no information 🙄

I now know so I've posted it here in case someone else also wants to know 👍

Rega Saturn mk3 fuse rating is 3ah.

Mattyboy

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
I'm going to take another (closer) look tomorrow specifically at the stamped markings on the actual fuse supplied with the brand-new direct from Rega Saturn mk3.
Thought it was 3 amp

As mentioned earlier I have a 2.5 amp rated Hi-fi tuning Supreme 3 silver gold in without it blowing..2 days so far so good🤞

Thing sounds like copulation on a stick

I'm going to take another (closer) look tomorrow specifically at the stamped markings on the actual fuse supplied with the brand-new direct from Rega Saturn mk3.
Thought it was 3 amp

As mentioned earlier I have a 2.5 amp rated Hi-fi tuning Supreme 3 silver gold in without it blowing..2 days so far so good🤞

Keep plugging other manufacturers fuses and your posts are likely to be blocked as spam...

Reactions: oldie

Mattyboy

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
Quite bazaar!?!

I'm wondering how you would know what anybody might or might not want to know?

Just checking but this is is planet Earth isn't it?
Last time I checked freedom of speech is an actual thing.

I'm a human being talking about fuses for goodness sake..

I've only been a new member here since earlier this evening and this is the second time a moderator has interjected and told me what I can and cannot do..it's preposterous!

Perspective poeple 😤

WayneKerr

Quite bazaar!?!

I'm wondering how you would know what anybody might or might not want to know?

Just checking but this is is planet Earth isn't it?
Last time I checked freedom of speech is an actual thing.

I'm a human being talking about fuses for goodness sake..

I've only been a new member here since earlier this evening and this is the second time a moderator has interjected and told me what I can and cannot do..it's preposterous!

Perspective poeple 😤
As a non-mod and having been on the receiving end of several forum bans I would advise caution, Matty (y) It's a decent enough place but don't try to push too hard :)

Reactions: nopiano

Gray

You're right, this is planet Earth Matty.
That's why we need to get one thing clear.
Are you telling us that a replacement fuse has improved the sound of the CDP?
(and not just because a non-working player is now working....the fuse itself has improved the sound you say?)

If you are saying that, then perhaps you should consider one of these for the mains plug.
See what others think, by reading some of what's said in the following thread:

Mattyboy

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
Perhaps.. I didn't initially make myself crystal clear?

So a little more information may be required...

I use after market fuses in my hifi.
I very recently ordered a brand-new replacement CDP.
I wanted to find out what rating/size fuse the new CDP took so could continue to use aftermarket fuses.
I googled for this information and didn't find it.
I joined this forum.
I retold my findings and asked the same question.
A few people answered. (With varying answers)
I got told off and accused of being a tin of processed salty pork.

So here we are ...

Like I said earlier I will find out tomorrow under bright light and a magnifying glass what the actual rating on the actual fuse supplied with CDP is., I thought 3 amp on first glance...BUT I have been using a 2.5 amp rated after market fuse in the CDP 1) without it blowing and 2) with very favourable sonic improvements.

Struth..this forum so far is pretty hard going...🙄?!?

I will probably start a new separate thread about fuses...if I'm not shot first.

Like I said earlier I will find out tomorrow under bright light and a magnifying glass what the actual rating on the actual fuse supplied with CDP is., I thought 3 amp on first glance...BUT I have been using a 2.5 amp rated after market fuse in the CDP 1) without it blowing and 2) with very favourable sonic improvements.
You could probably put a 1 amp fuse in and it wouldn’t blow, but that’s not the point*. FUSES ARE FOR SAFETY. Safety of your kit, you - and potentially your home and loved ones lives! They aren’t there to randomly play around with, though aftermarket fuses of identical rating are on sale. Bear in mind too that very few ‘Hifi’ plug top fuses bear the relevant British Standard markings so may be unsafe. Your insurance company might question any payout if you set fire to something.

Why don’t you simply look on the device, as in the picture in post #4?

*15.5 watts is less than a normal lightbulb, so it’s hardly a high current device. The rating is surely to cover the switch on surge?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray and Al ears
Perhaps.. I didn't initially make myself crystal clear?

So a little more information may be required...

I use after market fuses in my hifi.
I very recently ordered a brand-new replacement CDP.
I wanted to find out what rating/size fuse the new CDP took so could continue to use aftermarket fuses.
I googled for this information and didn't find it.
I joined this forum.
I retold my findings and asked the same question.
A few people answered. (With varying answers)
I got told off and accused of being a tin of processed salty pork.

So here we are ...

Struth..this forum so far is pretty hard going...🙄?!?

I will probably start a new separate thread about fuses...if I'm not shot first.
Feel free, note that there was no question in your first post, which is unusual for a newbie, it was a statement.
Might I suggest you also make yourself aware of the forums rules

Reactions: oldie

Gray

You might wish you'd been shot once you start a fuse thread Matty.

You probably didn't read the thread on the 'audiophile' fuse that I linked to.
But, as part of the discussion, forum members were challenged to think of any product (not just hi-fi), that would be more useless and a bigger waste of money than an 'audiophile' fuse.
Nobody could.
A rubber hammer was judged to be a better buy for at least having some entertainment value.

The fuse in question was 20,000 times more expensive than a safety-approved, perfectly adequate alternative.

Good luck with the thread. But be prepared for people to take aim 👍

Mattyboy

Feb 10, 2023
Visit site
Tiz ok..I'm not sure eady to start that head yet..

The mystery is not resolved..it has in fact deepened...

Picture posted by someone else above of the back of a Rega Saturn ( not sure if it's a mk3...but anyway) clearly states 15.5watts and T 4amp fuse...that's 4 big juicy amps folks.

A bit awkward but I managed to get in behind my new Rega Saturn and take a photo of the same area and it is totally different!...and actually more in line with what you would expect when you do the maths..

My same label states 16 watts with a 315 ma rating..

that's 0.315 of an amp.

I have since removed the 2.5amp I had put in and put back the stock supplied one..

By the way it's really quite difficult to accurately and clearly see the very small stamped markings on a 20mm x 5mm fuse carrier...hense why I initially thought it was a 3 amp fuse but is in fact a 315milli amp one...Ooopps 😳

Reactions: Gray
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts