My work in progress

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
The stuff is going out just as quick as it’s coming in! Mostly because it’s been broken 😡
I had stopped buying 2nd hand stuff a few years ago, that decision was probably right 🤣
Fingers crossed that a 2yr old Luxman is as bulletproof as a new one.
I’d be interested to know what laser mechanism it uses? And if these are in plentiful supply?
It should be bulletproof if their amps are anything to go by. Luxman don't make flimsy stuff.

D

Deleted member 201267

Really? A entry-level Marantz with a 8-9k amplifier? (Yeah, I know he didn't pay the full retail price), nevertheless that Marantz is a fine player with a similar priced amp.

I was being sarcastic.

Someone in another thread suggested three hundred odd quid buys CD playback as good as anything.

Reactions: bigfish786
I was being sarcastic.

Someone in another thread suggested three hundred odd quid buys CD playback as good as anything.
I don't do sarcasm. 😋🙂

My Exposure CDP is as good as anything below £1500, yet it only cost me £250. Not missed a beat in 3 years of ownership.

When I demoed the Dalis and MA Gold 100 with the Leema, Richer Sounds used the 6007 to play the CDs.

How does the Luxman CD player compare to the others you have tried ?

i haven't really tried any other cd players with this new amp. the meridian i had been using was a lovely thing, but this new one presents music completely differently. the Audiolab i bought died after a few hours, so i didn't really get enough time with that, i was still trying the different filter settings on that. the Marantz i had was similar, but a little more laid back. the Marantz setup i had worked much better with the focal speakers. whereas the Luxman is very much better with the Triangle speakers i now have.

D

Deleted member 201267

i haven't really tried any other cd players with this new amp. the meridian i had been using was a lovely thing, but this new one presents music completely differently. the Audiolab i bought died after a few hours, so i didn't really get enough time with that, i was still trying the different filter settings on that. the Marantz i had was similar, but a little more laid back. the Marantz setup i had worked much better with the focal speakers. whereas the Luxman is very much better with the Triangle speakers i now have.

May i ask any further update on the new system ?

Reactions: bigfish786
Being back at work full time and having a busy weekend has limited the time I’ve had to listen. I’m also not very good at explaining the differences between kit. Maybe once I’ve had it a while I can begin to explain what I can hear.
it’s put a smile back on my face. Money well invested.
I'm no wordsmith but with that system I'd have dictionary suoerglued to my lap, phoning up Channel 4s Countdown... just to find the ample words. 😁

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts