Announcement End Game Amplifier

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Delighted for you. I’m sure you won’t forget to let it acclimatise to room temperature for a few hours, especially if it’s been in a frosty van overnight. I was cautious with my recent CD player purchase and that was about 1/25th of the price! And then I left it on for 48 hours.

Looking forward to the pics. :)

Yeah. It’s going to have an hour or two to get to room temperature before i turn it on. It’ll give me time to rearrange the rack, as I don’t think it will fit on the middle shelf. It’s a big beast of a thing. It means it will live on the bottom shelf, so I’ll be able to see that lovely machined top plate as well as the vu meters. 😊

Reactions: nopiano and Al ears
Yeah. It’s going to have an hour or two to get to room temperature before i turn it on. It’ll give me time to rearrange the rack, as I don’t think it will fit on the middle shelf. It’s a big beast of a thing. It means it will live on the bottom shelf, so I’ll be able to see that lovely machined top plate as well as the vu meters. 😊
my advice, once set-up pour yourself a nice glass of red sit back.and listen....
if it doesn't do it for you out of the box it probably will not.

Reactions: bigfish786
my advice, once set-up pour yourself a nice glass of red sit back.and listen....
if it doesn't do it for you out of the box it probably will not.

im going to dedicate the day just to bring it up to temp and slowly let it warm up. going to test the phono stage out as I’m intrigued as to how that will sound. And a few hours with the meridian cd player which I think is a touch of class.

instead of the Meridian 508?
Yes, I know it’s going to take something special to beat the quality of the 508.
right now, I’m listening to vinyl and I’m absolutely blown away by its quality.
Wife’s comment on listening to Evanescence “hairs standing up on the back of my neck” !
followed by, “don’t tell me how much it cost, cos I know it was expensive” 😂😂

Yes, I know it’s going to take something special to beat the quality of the 508.
right now, I’m listening to vinyl and I’m absolutely blown away by its quality.
Wife’s comment on listening to Evanescence “hairs standing up on the back of my neck” !
followed by, “don’t tell me how much it cost, cos I know it was expensive” 😂😂
She's obviously very astute and understanding.

Reactions: bigfish786

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
The Meridian 508.24 CD Player is kindly on loan to me from a friend. There is no hurry to return it, so I can hold on to it for as long as necessary.
but obviously I would like to get a matching Luxman CD player when funds allow. 😊

I hate to tell you but they make a matching turntable as well, LOL. but seriously if it sounds half as good as it looks it must be incredible.

Found an Audiolab 8200cd on eBay that looks very clean, so I’ve bought it to pair with the amp as a temporary replacement till I save a bit of cash to buy a Luxman. Seems to have favourable reviews and punches above its weight. Decent price of £270 so I should get that back when it comes time to sell. 😊
so, I’m probably having my last weekend with the Meridian in the setup. It really is a nice sounding piece of kit. but back to its owner it will go.

TRENDING THREADS