My system before and after

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi - having just decorated, mounted my TV on the wall (finally) and got a new stand (HiFi Racks Podium Reference) I thought my system finally looked presentable enough to share.

Hi-Fi kit is as per signature, on the AV side we've got a Panny 50G10, Sony STRDA3300ES receiver, BDPS570 and REL Quake. The front L&R (with centre channel mixed-in) goes through the Naim/Neat stereo set-up, and what you can't see is 2*Monitor Audio Radius 180 (surround) and 2* Radius 90 (surround back).

Cheers!

Before:

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

After:

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to be anal, but is the balance knob on your supernait supposed to be slightly before 12? Also have you tried turning the display off on the S/N?

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi TrueBlue,

Thanks very much.

I think it's just the angle that the photo was taken from that makes it look like that, when i look at it head-on now, it's definitely dead centre. How do you turn the display off? I didn't know you could do that.

Cheers

Dan

A

Anonymous

System looks great :) the podium racks are gorgeous, I always had the notion to put my plasma on the wall but never done it, I think I was scared it would end up like the one on the tv advert :doh:

A

Anonymous

Looks great as it is!

But if you want to hide the cables and dont want the hassle of hiding the cable in the wall try some paintable trunking. It will make all the difference!

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Paul - I would have loved the end result of doing that, but I wasn't up for the hassle I'm afraid and once they are in there then you've written off the cables if you ever move. Mounting the TV on the wall and painting it (the wall that is) was all the DIY I could summon the will to do!

Benny - I know what you mean, it's taken me a year and a half to do it. But (and I hope I'm not speaking too soon :O ) if you do it properly and use the right type of fixings for your wall then you will really be fine.

Edit - yes I've already got the trunking which can then be painted the same as the wall, that's a job for this weekend! :)

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
TB - thanks, i'll give that a try, but I doubt I'll be able to discern any difference.

Lee - just a coincidence I swear, but did you notice the copy of HiFi Choice in the same position in the 'before' photo (again just a coincidence!)

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Dan Turner said:
...once they are in there then you've written off the cables if you ever move...

Not if you line the 'trench' with plastic conduit/trunking, cover with Polyfilla and then sand it smooth - in effect, you'll have a pipe in the wall through which you can feed-in or remove cables.

Did that at my last place; it made a heeoooge difference to the room's aesthetics. 8)

And when moving day dawned, I simply pulled the cables out.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Neat...Stylish...Effective....Excellent. Bad pun intended. :)

Neat
Amazing
Impressive
Marvellous

Mine is also an acrostic ;)

Seriously, looks fantastic, it's always great when a well thought out plan achieves what you hope for :) And it'll be the finishing touch to add the trunking at the weekend :)

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the kind comments. It's really satisfying to put in the work and get the result that you want. I've looked at people's set-ups on this and similar forum threads and always been impressed with what people are able to do, so it's nice to be able to achieve it myself and post my own pics.

Now I'm going to watch the grand prix, then install the trunking for the TV cables! :grin:

A

Anonymous

Looks great! I have same rack, ordered extra shelves aswell, upright mine looks like monster lol....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts