My Samsung Q950R got a fault - here’s the replacement!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 197450

Bought it in Dubai. Samsung standard warranty is 12 months, I paid approx £100 for an additional 12 month warranty to give me 2 years warranty... There is a permanent horizontal line a across the width of the screen, with what looks like two, small green vertical lines about a third of the way along the horizontal line. (Hope that the description makes sense, please see photo).

Sharing my experience in case others experience similar issues and there may be a wider problem with Samsung's 8K flagship TV'S... They're not cheap and you'd like to think you'll get more than 2.5 years of use out of something you hoped offered a degree of future proofing! In my case, my 8K TV failed years before 8K content is available!!! Lesson learned!
I suppose you don’t want to here this but when a TV is out of warranty you always run the risk of it going wrong and being stuck with it.

OuchSamsung

Mar 18, 2022
Visit site
I suppose you don’t want to here this but when a TV is out of warranty you always run the risk of it going wrong and being stuck with it.
True, but in my naivety I had expected a Samsung TV to last beyond 2.5 years, let alone a set positioned as an 8K Flagship... My screen at least has fallen short of "Reality perfected with depth and detail" You live and learn!

Attachments

• AF4A8D20-E023-46C7-B8AE-E81AA4481938.png
    AF4A8D20-E023-46C7-B8AE-E81AA4481938.png
    945.2 KB · Views: 5
D

Deleted member 197450

True, but in my naivety I had expected a Samsung TV to last beyond 2.5 years, let alone a set positioned as an 8K Flagship... My screen at least has fallen short of "Reality perfected with depth and detail" You live and learn!
We still got two Samsung Q950R TVs and they are incredible - God knows what happened with the Samsung Q950TS!

D

Deleted member 197450

Bought it in Dubai. Samsung standard warranty is 12 months, I paid approx £100 for an additional 12 month warranty to give me 2 years warranty... There is a permanent horizontal line a across the width of the screen, with what looks like two, small green vertical lines about a third of the way along the horizontal line. (Hope that the description makes sense, please see photo).

Sharing my experience in case others experience similar issues and there may be a wider problem with Samsung's 8K flagship TV'S... They're not cheap and you'd like to think you'll get more than 2.5 years of use out of something you hoped offered a degree of future proofing! In my case, my 8K TV failed years before 8K content is available!!! Lesson learned!
Yep, never spend much money on a TV…

TRENDING THREADS