My Panasonic 50VT65 THX Calibrated

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi ellisdj,

Are you looking for gamma settings or all?
Date of calibration: October 2014Picture Mode: ISF NightContrast: 60Brightness: 30Colour: 30Sharpness: 3CATS: OffP-NR: OffWhite Balance Settings:R-Gain -3G-Gain 0B-Gain 10R-Cutoff 4G-Cutoff 0B-Cutoff -9R-Hue 0G-Hue 5B-Hue 4R-Saturation 11G-Saturation 19B-Saturation 24R-Luminance -29G-Luminance -30B-Luminance -30Gamma: 2.024p Smooth Film: OffResolution Enhancer: Off16:9 Overscan: Off Date of calibration: October 2014Picture Mode: PhotoContrast: 60Brightness: 35Colour: 30Sharpness: 0Colour Balance: WarmVivid Colour: OffReversal Film Effect: OffCATS: OffP-NR: Off2 Point White Balance:R-Gain: -4G-Gain: 0B-Gain: -2R-Cutoff: 1G-Cutoff: 0B-Cutoff: 2Gamma: 2.2 Cheers,
Cofnchtr.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I think EllisDJ is wondering whether Jules calibrated using a BT.1886 gamma profile, which in principle combines a 2.4 profile's colour richness with a 2.2 profile's better shadow detail.

Clearly Jules opted for seperate day and night modes, calibrated to 2.2. and 2.4 respectively. There's nothing wrong with this. In fact, it's pretty standard.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
strapped for cash said:
I think EllisDJ is wondering whether Jules calibrated using a BT.1886 gamma profile, which in principle combines a 2.4 profile's colour richness with a 2.2 profile's better shadow detail.

Clearly Jules opted for seperate day and night modes, calibrated to 2.2. and 2.4 respectively. There's nothing wrong with this. In fact, it's pretty standard.

Hi,

The answer to that, I do not know!

He may have mentioned technicalities such as this but they were clearly lost in my head if he did...

I know I'm enjoying the results.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The answer is there - 2.2 Gamma.

some big adjustments in the colour there - its very interesting to me - I can learn from those settings thanks for positng :)

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi ellisdj,

Glad one of us knows!! ;)

You want me to post the graphs? I think I can save them as jpg and stick them up here?

alt email me rdotdormeratbtinternetdotcom

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Canary_Jules

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've registered so I can give you clear answers to the questions that have been asked.

I calibrated THX mode via the service menu for 2d night viewing. While you can get a very good greyscale with this with overall delta errors just over 1 it doesn't allow for gamma tweaking. Where possible I prefer to dial in BT1886 gamma.

I used ISF Night for 3d. This does allow gamma adjustment, which I dialled in for 2.1 - which I find works really well on plamas. Any higher and, in combination with the severe light loss through the glasses, the picture just looks too dim. So the settings posted above are for 3d not 2d. I would emphasise however that every panel is different and what is reference on one calibrated set will not be on another. So copied settings are of limited value. I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Jules

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Canary_Jules said:
I've registered so I can give you clear answers to the questions that have been asked.

Hello there Jules,

It's quite a big deal for this forum to have a very well-known and established calibrator as you joining in (Vincent Teoh sometimes contributes on here also). Now, if only you could find a decent football team to support rather than that East Anglian outfit ......!!

One wee point - if you could find one of Vincent's posts, I think that his signature has to show that he is a professional television reviewer and calibrator, and the moderators on this forum may require you to show similar in your forum signature too. David at Frank Harvey is another dealer who is often on here, and that is shown in his signature.

Canary_Jules

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Canary_Jules said:
Hi Guys,

I calibrated THX mode via the service menu for 2d night viewing. While you can get a very good greyscale with this with overall delta errors just over 1 it doesn't allow for gamma tweaking. Where possible I prefer to dial in BT1886 gamma.

I used ISF Night for 3d. This does allow gamma adjustment, which I dialled in for 2.1 - which I find works really well on plamas. Any higher and, in combination with the severe light loss through the glasses, the picture just looks too dim. So the settings posted above are for 3d not 2d. I would emphasise however that every panel is different and what is reference on one calibrated set will not be on another. So copied settings are of limited value. I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Jules

Hello there Jules,

It's quite a big deal for this forum to have a very well-known and established calibrator as you joining in (Vincent Teoh sometimes contributes on here also). Now, if only you could find a decent football team to support rather than that East Anglian outfit ......!!

One wee point - if you could find one of Vincent's posts, I think that his signature has to show that he is a professional television reviewer and calibrator, and the moderators on this forum may require you to show similar in your forum signature too. David at Frank Harvey is another dealer who is often on here, and that is shown in his signature.

Hi. Thanks for the kind commendation. With regard to football, as I'm sure Gel will agree, it's a trial and a half supporting the Canaries. I've often wondered in my moments of despair why I subject myself to such regular misery.

Thanks for the advice about the signature. I'll see to it ASAP. Different forums have different rules on this matter.

Nice to be on board here.

Jules

D

Deleted member 2457

Canary_Jules said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Jules

Hi Jules

Its great to have you on here! I will be messaging you soon as soon as I have the money for another calibration. Cheers

D

Deleted member 2457

Canary_Jules said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Canary_Jules said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Jules

Hello there Jules,

Hi. Thanks for the kind commendation. With regard to football, as I'm sure Gel will agree, it's a trial and a half supporting the Canaries. I've often wondered in my moments of despair why I subject myself to such regular misery.

Thanks for the advice about the signature. I'll see to it ASAP. Different forums have different rules on this matter.

Jules
Definitely misery at the moment, even Ipswich are above us!

Canary_Jules

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Terrible isn't it? *sorry2*

gel said:
Canary_Jules said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Canary_Jules said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Jules

Hello there Jules,

Jules

D

Deleted member 2457

Canary_Jules said:

gel said:
Canary_Jules said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Canary_Jules said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Jules

Hello there Jules,

Jules
Yep.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Canary_Jules said:

gel said:
Canary_Jules said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Canary_Jules said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Jules

Hello there Jules,

Jules
Yep.

doing better than the Blades... :(

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
Canary_Jules said:

gel said:
Canary_Jules said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Canary_Jules said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Jules

Hello there Jules,

Jules
Yep.

doing better than the Blades... :(
That is true. *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

I love this video I did on my GT50!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BKL3xfvXvk8

Just been checking out my YouTube video clips - pretty good!

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jules,

Welcome to the forum.

As has been mentioned above, I'm sure the forum will be a richer place with your presence.

Thanks again for a great job on my TV - still marvelling at the improvements.

All the best,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts