My Panasonic 50VT65 THX Calibrated

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

I have a report from my calibration I would like to upload but at the moment I can't see how to do it! It is an adobe file, could someone advise me on how to do it? Cheers

I also have a glass THX black plaque I have taken a picture of but I can't upload through Flickr because some idiot has changed the setup in there! I can't click on the image and size it to insert it here, any ideas? It seems to be on a permanent slide show too, what prat for that was a good idea!

D

Deleted member 2457

I don't seem to be having much luck here, I think I am going to give up for today! I am not sure I am going to be able to do this. :wall:

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
What's the problem? In any case, graphs do not reveal how you feel about it. Are you liking it?

I am still getting used to it, I can see plus points and negative points with both the normal setting I was previously using and now the new professional settings I have got. It is hard to say too much without getting really used to it, it is like I have a new TV again. I am just watching Avatar now. The setting are all locked in now though I might rotate between normal and the professional ones while I get used to it.

My my red picture setting was apparently really bad on normal settings! :)

JohnSutton

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Strange, shouldn't the improvement be immediately noticeable? If you have to get used to it over time, then what's the point? I know it's not exactly the same situation, but here's a quote from a Techradar article on why you shouldn't buy curved TVs:

"The longer you watch the curved screen, the more immersive it becomes," I was told. This could equally translate to: "Watch it long enough and you'll forget the picture's on the wonk."

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/why-curved-oled-tvs-are-a-bad-idea-1176000

D

Deleted member 2457

JohnSutton said:
Strange, shouldn't the improvement be immediately noticeable? If you have to get used to it over time, then what's the point? I know it's not exactly the same situation, but here's a quote from a Techradar article on why you shouldn't buy curved TVs:

"The longer you watch the curved screen, the more immersive it becomes," I was told. This could equally translate to: "Watch it long enough and you'll forget the picture's on the wonk."

http://www.techradar.com/news/television/why-curved-oled-tvs-are-a-bad-idea-1176000

I haven't had time to compare the differences yet. The images I saw after calibration have in main been very if not all very good. The whites stand out more. Blacks are different, you can see more detail than I could before. I have just switch to night settings for the first time, and they look very good. I am watching the darts at present and that looks good. Problem with this TV is that it is outstanding, I haven't seen a bad image on it in the main.

It it is a rocket ship of a TV. The more I get into watching what I am watching the more I like. Just had a quick look at the differences on the darts, the colours appear a lot more punchier on the calibration settings.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

The calibrated picture has to be better gel. I know you are used to the 'normal' settings and picture, but the calibrated picture will be as close as can be to what it should be.

I know everyone has different ideas of what they want from their tv's picture, but IMHO, anything but a well calibrated tv is not a good picture, and settings like Dynamic are just wrong, and the owners (probably BOSE owners) should either be fined, or have their tv's confiscated. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
The calibrated picture has to be better gel. I know you are used to the 'normal' settings and picture, but the calibrated picture will be as close as can be to what it should be.

I know everyone has different ideas of what they want from their tv's picture, but IMHO, anything but a well calibrated tv is not a good picture, and settings like Dynamic are just wrong, and the owners (probably BOSE owners) should either be fined, or have their tv's confiscated. :)

Yep. :). I was just so used to the other picture and over crushed blacks. Now the blacks are how they should be. The blacks are looking mighty fine at the moment!

Paul.

Hi Gel, I agree about flickr the changes are a bit annoying. Once you have selected your image, to the right of it should be a button which looks like three dots ... just above the add comment section. Click that and it should show an option called "Download/show all sizes". That will give you a pop up. You then need to click the "all sizes" button on the pop up.

A good short cut; type /sizes/ on the end of the picture url. That will take you directly to the sizes tab. i.e

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zombiejohniecash/13735552325

in to

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zombiejohniecash/13735552325/sizes/

Hope this helps.

D

Deleted member 2457

Paul. said:
Hi Gel, I agree about flickr the changes are a bit annoying. Once you hsve selected your image, to the right of it should be a button which looks like three dots ... just above the add comment section. Click that and it should show an option called "Download/show all sizes". That will give you a pop up. You then need to click the "all sizes" button on the pop up.

A good short cut; type /sizes/ on the end of the picture url. That will take you directly to the sizes tab. i.e

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zombiejohniecash/13735552325

in to

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zombiejohniecash/13735552325/sizes/

Hope this helps.

Ah cheers! That is great. :cheers: I can't use YouTube either because of changes! :wall:

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
From memory when I uploaded my graphs I saved them as a 'picture' file first, then uploaded them to my Flickr account, then copied and pasted into a post.

I had 'day' and 'night' settings done, and to be honest I never bothered using the 'day' settings after the first couple of days, I just leave it on 'night' all the time.

It does take a bit of getting used to, as we're all accustomed to seeing images where the contrast is too high and the colour balance is wrong (as this is how they generally ship panels and how their often set up in showrooms).

avatar may not be the best demo disc, as it's such a heavily processed, CGI image. To really appreciate the difference on colour palette and contrast levels try something like SkyFall or one of the Kill Bill films, I'll be amazed if your not blown away by the image.

And congrats mate, welcome to the club! :)

:cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
From memory when I uploaded my graphs I saved them as a 'picture' file first, then uploaded them to my Flickr account, then copied and pasted into a post.

I had 'day' and 'night' settings done, and to be honest I never bothered using the 'day' settings after the first couple of days, I just leave it on 'night' all the time.

It does take a bit of getting used to, as we're all accustomed to seeing images where the contrast is too high and the colour balance is wrong (as this is how they generally ship panels and how their often set up in showrooms).

avatar may not be the best demo disc, as it's such a heavily processed, CGI image. To really appreciate the difference on colour palette and contrast levels try something like SkyFall or one of the Kill Bill films, I'll be amazed if your not blown away by the image.

And congrats mate, welcome to the club! :)

:cheers:

Ah cheers mate! :cheers: Yep, Avatar wasnt the best. I am just watching Iron Man 3 on Sky HD and it is blowing me away!

D

Deleted member 2457

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7303/13762108784_bb5f48372d_z.jpg

T

theflyingwasp

Welcome to the club!

the first movie I grabbed was avatar aswell it was jaw dropping.

was your 3D before calibration all over the place?

D

Deleted member 2457

13766224474_ddfca7f9f5_z.jpg

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
Good point actually, did you get your 3D settings calibrated as well Gel?

am guessing not if you got rid of your glasses?

Jules did someone else's 3D settings so that I had some, but I didnt get it properly done, no.

Yep, I got rid of my glasses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts