My Nostalgic Hifi

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
hifi.jpg
" mce_src="
hifi.jpg
">

Hopefully this has worked, the top photo is my hifi when I was a student and consisted of:

Philips CD160 16 bit CD Player, Marantz PM 440 Amp, Akai HX-3 Cassestte Deck, Fisher FM55 Analogue Tuner, Dual Turntable connected to Wharfedale Diamond Spkrs (hidden)

Upgraded to Bottom phot but sold 13 years ago:

Aiwa Turntable, Denon TU-260L Digital Tuner, Rotel RCD 965BX Bitstream Player, Pioneer A400 Amp, Sony Autoreverse Cassette Deck, Kenwood KX5010 Cassette Deck, Target Hifi Stand, Apollo Spkr Stands and Sony APM 22ES (I think) Spkrs with Monster Cable and QED Interconnects.

Had a listen to the Arcam Mini Solo with B&W 685 spkrs compared to Mission Cyrus 8 amp with CD6SE and then to round it off with B&W XT I think rear ported bookshelf size in glossy cabinet (£800 in price) - Very nice at local Sevenoakes.

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
That was a pretty good set up considering you were still a student! Did you get a good price for the upgrade you sold 13 years ago and have you ever regretted selling any of the components? Mind you, even more than the hi-fi you must get very nostalgic and misty eyed over that telly!

p.s. is that your hat or a tea cosy on the table?

A

Anonymous

Eh, where's the JVC amplifier? Every person in the 70s or 80s had a JVC, surely?
emotion-6.gif

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
survivor:

That was a pretty good set up considering you were still a student! Did you get a good price for the upgrade you sold 13 years ago and have you ever regretted selling any of the components? Mind you, even more than the hi-fi you must get very nostalgic and misty eyed over that telly!

p.s. is that your hat or a tea cosy on the table?

Its a clowns hat and a clown I was for selling it I got 1K but I do miss it. I think the Telly (My Fathers) was a Grundig Model. However now the kids are older I can start again and have auditioned some Cyruses and Arcam Mini Solo just to see the difference between the two but today at the Bristol Show I saw some lovely Carat gear and it sounded good too. They can be found on (www.inovadis.com). Very stylish Product.

A

Anonymous

I was going to clue the clowns hat thing too. Next topic: what's that dangling green thing behind your TV?

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:Hughes123:Eh, where's the JVC amplifier? Every person in the 70s or 80s had a JVC, surely?
emotion-6.gif

Nah. Sansui all the way mate.

emotion-14.gif

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Octopo:I was going to clue the clowns hat thing too. Next topic: what's that dangling green thing behind your TV?

I was going to try a Tandy Tinsel Aerial Wire but I am afraid it is just a bit of Xmas Tinsel. and yes I did have a Sansui AUG 500 something amp at 80 wpc but it was rather harsh and I learnt my lesson to audition first before buying. Sadly I do not have a picture of it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts