My new MF M3i

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Got my new integrated amp today...all set-up now.

First impressions are that it's awsome.For the first time iv'e realy heard my speakers.Before iv'e always used the sub in a 2.1....not anymore,no need,the bass and midrange is realy controled and smooth...infact iv'e done a side by side comparison:The 105 alows me to connect 5.1analogues to my avr and a balanced L/R into the MF.So all i need to do is switch the M3i from av1 to cd:)

The clarity (for want of a better word) is great.I have a cd by KT Tunstall...accoustic recordings its called.It was recorded in some guys front room on the Isle of Skye.As the first track starts i can hear a kind of mello hiss...(like i remember from playing vinyl)...i didnt hear this as pronounced via the avr.

It's bloody powerfull too....for comfortable listening levals its only a few clicks from silent :O

All in all i'm very very pleased with my purchase,and thanks goes too the Irish man who recomended the M3i for it's synogy with the speakers :cheers:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
Got my new integrated amp today...all set-up now.

First impressions are that it's awsome.For the first time iv'e realy heard my speakers.Before iv'e always used the sub in a 2.1....not anymore,no need,the bass and midrange is realy controled and smooth...infact iv'e done a side by side comparison:The 105 alows me to connect 5.1analogues to my avr and a balanced L/R into the MF.So all i need to do is switch the M3i from av1 to cd:)

The clarity (for want of a better word) is great.I have a cd by KT Tunstall...accoustic recordings its called.It was recorded in some guys front room on the Isle of Skye.As the first track starts i can hear a kind of mello hiss...(like i remember from playing vinyl)...i didnt hear this as pronounced via the avr.

It's bloody powerfull too....for comfortable listening levals its only a few clicks from silent :O

All in all i'm very very pleased with my purchase,and thanks goes too the Irish man who recomended the M3i for it's synogy with the speakers :cheers:
Welcome to the mf club I love my m6i enjoy

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Iv'e read alot about peoples experiances with hifi,now i realy do have my own:)

Been looking into audio speak so i could describe fully my impression,but didn't see a term for :grin:

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
On here and providing an informed opinion based soley on a talent for matching hifi/av equipmant,a qualified ear :shhh:

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
I have read so much on these forums about the M3I and M6I that I know I must go and audition at Sevenoaks in Southampton, what I fear though is my impulsive spirit to purchase. I have promised myself and my girly that I will purchase no hifi in 2013, as we save to move in December to our brand new home.

This all bodes ill, for me and my wallet, not to say my promise.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
woodster said:
I have read so much on these forums about the M3I and M6I that I know I must go and audition at Sevenoaks in Southampton, what I fear though is my impulsive spirit to purchase. I have promised myself and my girly that I will purchase no hifi in 2013, as we save to move in December to our brand new home.

:dance: :rockout: Good Luck :rockout: :dance: I moved on from audiolab and and love the MF sound :)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
woodster said:

Yeah...good luck 'wi that :p

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
To connect a Sub to your M3i:

Connect L&R Pre-Out (M3i) -> Line In L&R (Sub)

You need to make sure you can connect both LFE (AV amp) and Line Level (M3i) to your sub, at the same time.

If in doubt, contact your dealer to make totally sure.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Iv'e only a single feed into the sub,there is a L/R rca for the pe-out on the m3i,i'll look into it :cheers:

By the way the YPAO set my center as large,i take it it should be small,but any advantage o be gained by leaving it large?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
Iv'e only a single feed into the sub,there is a L/R rca for the pe-out on the m3i,i'll look into it :cheers:

By the way the YPAO set my center as large,i take it it should be small,but any advantage o be gained by leaving it large?

If (when :shifty: ) you replace your sub, it's worth looking for one with both LFE in and L&R Line in, which can be connected together.

You certainly need to check if the 2 signals (from both amps) can be merged into the single feed into your sub.

Ideally your centre should be set to "small", with your sub taking up the slack.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it can,and to be honest,at the moment i'm not that bothered as i know my sub isn't that musical,but in time i will want to add something to complement the bookshelf speakers. :shifty:

The set-up at the moment means that to scroll thru the oppo i need to have the avr on(even with m3i in cd mode)as it needs the tv to show displays.As the avr is on(in pure direct) and if the speakers(via oppo)are set to small the sub works as it is powered by a single feed into the avr....if it is any good this way i'm guessing probably not,but tbh i think i prefere the speakers set to large..i know that they are not as good as their bigger brothers the R300...or floor standers but they sound lovely,plenty of punch(massive attack proved that)clarity is great and no harshness in the bottom end,as what was happening when the avr did the 2 chanel stuff.

I cannot physicaly acomadate bigger speakers so the next step would be the sub,in time tho...for now, i have a quality upgrade to enjoy :grin:

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh my gosh the bass control is so impressive...today i played the bassest of my music,a few tracks(flac) from mogwai,i have never heard those tracks with so much depth...and they are deep!!The amp,speaker combo performed imaculatley till i upped the volume,well above comfortable listening levals,only then did it,imho loose grip and poise(could be the limit of the speakers rather than the amp tbh)...i am realy impressed...then there were the Roger Waters bass lines on a few choice pink floyd tracks...i'm guesing what i heard was what you guys refere to as 'attack'' :grin:

By the way i trim the speakers by 1db,and turn the M3i up a wee few notches,does this mean i am putting more juice into the speakers...ie good or bad? :oops:

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
Oh my gosh the bass control is so impressive...today i played the bassest of my music,a few tracks(flac) from mogwai,i have never heard those tracks with so much depth...and they are deep!!The amp,speaker combo performed imaculatley till i upped the volume,well above comfortable listening levals,only then did it,imho loose grip and poise(could be the limit of the speakers rather than the amp tbh)...i am realy impressed...then there were the Roger Waters bass lines on a few choice pink floyd tracks...i'm guesing what i heard was what you guys refere to as 'attack'' :grin:

By the way i trim the speakers by 1db,and turn the M3i up a wee few notches,does this mean i am putting more juice into the speakers...ie good or bad? :oops:
I found changing my Amp Audiolab 8000a +8000px to my m6i more of an improvement than replaceing my Marantz 17ki sig with my Roksan m2 cdp I know what you mean the bass is so fast and deep and it dosn't dominate the overal sound it underpins the mid and top end without over powering you I must say Ive really enjoyed my music since my m6i arrived

GSB said:

Glad you really like it. I've not heard one but it sounds pretty impressive. When you go up in quality you should also notice a marked increase in subtlety, along with bass grip.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I won't keep banging on but this weekend i have listened to music for like 16hrs!

The only thing is that there is a fair few albums(flac)in that i won't be revisiting as the sq in the mix is terrible....the Mrs's bonjovi collection being some of the worst!...(i hate them sooo :dance: )

As i have understood from forum posts,a now can experiance,a better system does expose the cr*p recordings.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
toyota man said:
GSB said:

I found changing my Amp Audiolab 8000a +8000px to my m6i more of an improvement than replaceing my Marantz 17ki sig with my Roksan m2 cdp I know what you mean the bass is so fast and deep and it dosn't dominate the overal sound it underpins the mid and top end without over powering you I must say Ive really enjoyed my music since my m6i arrived
TT i love the defanition you wrote,the bass underpinning the sound is excactly what i hear.

Can only imagine the power poise and control of the M6i :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts