My new integrated amp

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i probably fell for the oldest trick in the book.Contacted a local dealer about the MF M3i,as he was about to place an order with Music Fidelity he offered me a rather generous(promised i wouldn't say how much :silenced: )discount,if i were to buy there and then,over the phone....so i did(have spoke to them prior,and exchanged emails...they seem realy nice blokes :shifty: )

Now cno has recomended this to partner well with my speakers,as did the dealer,also the many different reviews iv'e read do claim this to be a great piece of kit....so no worries there.It also falls well within my budget.....but i now feel such a fool for not auditioning the amp...i'm sure i will be very happy with it. :oops:

So after following these forums for 2yrs and more i'd like to appologise to everyone who's ever given me advice becouse i didn't audition the amp,so it would serve me right if it all goes t*ts up!..will i ever learn :doh:

The amp should be ready for collection by next weekend :)

Please feel free to leave ar*e kicking comments as i know i deserve them :boohoo:

So a big thank you to cno,and also to hifix who recomended a different amp,but it was out of my price range :)

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
As long as your new amp is sufficient to drive your speakers properly, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Buying speakers blind would have been a different matter, but then hey, that's what I did and I have no complaints.

Enjoy.

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Sod it, life's too short and we all need those implusive decisions. So don't feel guilty ior daft, just enjoy the amp when it comes - sounds like it will be a good match.:cheer:

philipjohnwright

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Sod it, life's too short and we all need those implusive decisions. So don't feel guilty ior daft, just enjoy the amp when it comes - sounds like it will be a good match.:cheer:

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
philipjohnwright said:
Thanks Philip :cheers:

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry the MF M3i is a fine amp, has quite a bit of power. As you bought over the phone does that count as distance selling, if so you should be able to return within 7 days if you are not happy.

GMK

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
You may have that spot-on...havn't told 'er indoor's yet :O

Told her what? In my experience women aren't that interested to really take notice, so tell her you got a good example from Ebay for £100 and unless you have a joint account, you'll probably get away with it. So I'm told. From a friend. Honest guv :rofl:

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
Don't worry the MF M3i is a fine amp, has quite a bit of power. As you bought over the phone does that count as distance selling, if so you should be able to return within 7 days if you are not happy.
Well,after doing the deed,i called the guy back to see if it was covered by the 30day home demo thing,he said that as it was a heavily discounted deal that it wasn't,but i'm sure if i hate it then under trading laws they would have to take it back.Tbh,he said that if i put on auction site as an opened boxed item,unused etc i would get my money back:)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Gibs_MK said:
You may have that spot-on...havn't told 'er indoor's yet :O

Told her what? In my experience women aren't that interested to really take notice, so tell her you got a good example from Ebay for £100 and unless you have a joint account, you'll probably get away with it. So I'm told. From a friend. Honest guv :rofl:
We have a joint account :O

:rofl: Sh'es home now...still havn't plucked up the courage..what a whimp!!

:cheers: Ben K

GMK

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
Can you buy her a present as a softener? Take her out for a meal? Tell her her bum doesn't look big in this. Practice your serious face in the mirror first (if you're like me and as see through as cling film underpants)

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just told the Mrs....she took it quite calmly actualy :O

Her Birthday next month so i'm defanatley going to buy her a card :grin:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
You'll be fine. There are amps that completely divide opinion, but the M3i is generally not one of them.
Let us know how you go.
Cno

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your support guys,as said should be up and running by next saturday,so will let you know how i find it:)

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
GSB said:
Ok so i probably fell for the oldest trick in the book.Contacted a local dealer about the MF M3i,as he was about to place an order with Music Fidelity he offered me a rather generous(promised i wouldn't say how much :silenced: )discount,if i were to buy there and then,over the phone....so i did(have spoke to them prior,and exchanged emails...they seem realy nice blokes :shifty: )

Now cno has recomended this to partner well with my speakers,as did the dealer,also the many different reviews iv'e read do claim this to be a great piece of kit....so no worries there.It also falls well within my budget.....but i now feel such a fool for not auditioning the amp...i'm sure i will be very happy with it. :oops:

So after following these forums for 2yrs and more i'd like to appologise to everyone who's ever given me advice becouse i didn't audition the amp,so it would serve me right if it all goes t*ts up!..will i ever learn :doh:

The amp should be ready for collection by next weekend :)

Please feel free to leave ar*e kicking comments as i know i deserve them :boohoo:

So a big thank you to cno,and also to hifix who recomended a different amp,but it was out of my price range :)
Welcome to the mf i club sounds like a furniture out let :rofl: I am sure that you will love your new amp Ive heard one and it was fantastic Ive had my m6i for about 16 months and I am still in love with it I am sure you will not be disapointed

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Congrat on the purchase and welcome to the MF club. Unless there is something wrong with unit, I am sure you will enjoy the sound from the amp. Do tell us how you get on with it...and dont forget to enjoy the music...not the hifi....:)

TRENDING THREADS