My home cinema pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
So finally, my home cinema room is ready!

Those intrested in how I went along with building my system can view this thread.

My equipment is:

Projector: Sony HW40ES

Screen: Draper Sesame 2.1 with ReAct 2.1

TV: Panasonic 50VT65

AV receiver: Marantz SR7009

Stereo amplifier: Marantz PM6005

Speakers: Monitor Audio Trimless 200

- Fronts and centre: WT280-IDC

- Side and rear surrounds: WT265

- 4 Dolby Atmos speakers: CT265

Subwoofer: KK DXD-808

Blu ray player: Oppo 103D

STB: Sky HD 2TB

Games console: PS3

Media players: Apple TV, Fire TV, Boxee box

Music streamer: Sonos Connect

NAS: Synology DS212J

Remotes: Roomie remote, Logitech Harmony Smart control

Lighting: Philips Hue GU10 spotlights and bulbs for lamps, Visual chillout LED lightstrips for ceiling and under the cabinet, and TV bias lighting

iPad mini dock: idocx

Last edited:
16465285732_6b0278cf5f_z.jpg

16278533418_fe818592e8_z.jpg

16466227415_02a8c3db72_z.jpg

16440227836_06d2530346_z.jpg

16440227816_2f728460f6_z.jpg

16465285522_a0a19d638e_z.jpg

16278533218_c91ff6de3b_z.jpg

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about the red colour on the front cabinets, I think it should be darker to match the curtains at the back plus have you thought about painting the back of the door.

*dance4*

macdiddy said:
I'm not sure about the red colour on the front cabinets, I think it should be darker to match the curtains at the back plus have you thought about painting the back of the door.

*dance4*

It's the lighting effect. The cabinet doors match the curtains. I'm leaving the door as it is. I love wood, and walnut is amongst my favourite. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

That picture looks amazing! Looks great. Good job! *clapping*

D

Deleted member 2457

Could you do a picture of the black levels on the projector? Cheers.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Just one more question and I'll leave you alone to enjoy your new cinema, have you tried your projector out yet, if so with walls of that light colour how are the reflections on the side walls, I only ask because when I was looking for one all the demos were in rooms painted with a dark colour, so when I installed my own projector I painted my walls in a dark red.

Once again hope this new room gives you years of pleasure.

macdiddy said:
Just one more question and I'll leave you alone to enjoy your new cinema, have you tried your projector out yet, if so with walls of that light colour how are the reflections on the side walls, I only ask because when I was looking for one all the demos were in rooms painted with a dark colour, so when I installed my own projector I painted my walls in a dark red.

Once again hope this new room gives you years of pleasure.

That's why I went for a grey screen suitable for ambient light. Contrast is enhanced, and I can't see the picture getting any better with a different wall paint.

I demoed the screen here. Look at the wall colour.

JohnKK

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Excellent setup!!

How do you find SR7009 vs PM6005 for music? It is interesting comparison, highest Marantz AVR model vs almost lowers model of stereo amp... does 6005 sound better?

Thx!

Thanks! The PM6005 is only to amplify the rear Atmos ceiling speakers for 7.1.4 so haven't done a direct comparison. Although comparing the front Atmos and rear Atmos during setup, I needed to crank the volume up higher on the PM6005 to match the SR7009 volume.

abacus

Nice system

Interesting how you found the grey screen better, as I have always found them to give a murky image.

The only concern I have is the box surrounding the projector, which seems a bit small to allow a decent air flow.

Enjoy

Bill

abacus said:
Nice system

Interesting how you found the grey screen better, as I have always found them to give a murky image.

The only concern I have is the box surrounding the projector, which seems a bit small to allow a decent air flow.

Enjoy

Bill

Thanks. Actually it's a grey-silver screen with a gain of 1.0. Demo the ReAct 2.1 and see if your views change.

The projector box has an open back so I'm expecting a good air flow. I can always swap to a larger box if the projector causes any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts