My Hi-Fi is giving me a headache...and earache...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hmm....not good. After just 20 minutes of listening at not excessivly loud volumes, my Hi-Fi is giving me a headache. I'm about 12 ft away from it, so I'm not too close - I'm playing a variety of music also. It seems to me like the top-end is going all scratchy like it is distorting - a symbol sounds like a schhh rather than a ting, if you know what I mean. Any suggestions people? Funnily enough, it's not as bad with the covers on, however I loose detail like that! Wharfedale EVO2 30s , Arcam CD73, JVC A-X5 amplifier, QED QENEX 1.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hate to say it, but you could just be coming down with a cold - I had a stinker last week, and I couldn't stand listening to anything, as it all sounded shrill. Needless to say I gave the test rooms a swerve...
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Hate to say it, but you could just be coming down with a cold - I had a stinker last week, and I couldn't stand listening to anything, as it all sounded shrill. Needless to say I gave the test rooms a swerve...
emotion-1.gif

[/quote]

I'm in the process of enjoying one at the moment! That may be the problem! Cheers Clare! Hope yours is better now! : )

A

Anonymous

I had the same prob the other day - turns out the mid/tweeter driver was loose - so ever so gently tightened the screws. So it was actually the driver resonating which caused the unwanted noise. Nice build quality KEF!!

A

Anonymous

I've had similar problems from dodgy connections too, sometimes the ones inside the speaker! Exactly how they ever managed to shake loose I never shall know :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts