My First Cinema Room (thanks to my wife)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

well done mate it looks sweet! do you get a lot of light reflecting off the wall and ceiling on your screen?

oxocube

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
fowler:well done mate it looks sweet! do you get a lot of light reflecting off the wall and ceiling on your screen?

The light I get reflected is fine, but I do know it would be better darker. I can make the room TOTALLY dark but until recently I didn't become aware of having dark decor to cut down on ambient light. I think I saw too many glossy mag installs that were decorated in light hues that swayed me, and I had to get my wifes approval also
emotion-5.gif

That is one thing I may change when I decorate the room again. I will darken the walls to another shade of Grey and then the ceilings can become a lighter shade of Grey instead of white. A black rug is on order for the floor which will help with sound also. The artwork is on the wall to breakup sound and cut down on reflection too.

As I said in my first post this is my first attempt and I have learned a lot along the way, some things to late to implement from the beginning but I will change them as the room develops.

JamesPianoman

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-2.gif
idc:

Brisk:Mighty fine job sir, looks spectacular, all you need now is some greasy teen serving popcorn in the hallway.

pIc1.jpg

Albatross..................

emotion-2.gif
Great looking set up... fantastic achievement
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I love it, I think those three cinema seats on the small bit of cinema carpet are funny, just on their own in the middle of the room. Well done.

A

Anonymous

That looks awesome. Oh to have enough rooms to be able to do something like that. And the money. And the wife. You're a lucky man!

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Great looking cinema room (yep the jelousy is there) ...

hey there, can anyone give me any ideas as to what are good methods for ''blanking'' (good sound-proofing) the sound from other rooms please ? (ceiling and four walls)

oxocube

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I am going to acoustical treat my room with 'Auralex' bass traps and wedgies. I have been advised by Dolphin Music on placement and will post pictures when complete.

Tony

A

Anonymous

Yes very neat and nice looking set-up. I'm sure you will add/change things a you start to use it but it looks great.

Personally i would have gone with some bigger speakers, and something to rest my feet on, but not a critisism. I am sure it is very impressive when you show it to people.

oxocube

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Dave

There is enough room to have my feet on the carpeted area of the 'plinth' but I am looking at leather 'cubes' that will also double up as occasional seating for my two granddaughters when they are old enough (they are 2 and 3 months) I would put 3 in front of the seats.

As for the speakers they seem fine at the moment but if any company want to donate an alternative for advertising then I am open to all offers
emotion-5.gif

Tony

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi Oxocube

I persoally would have gone for the B&W MT30 speaker package with your system. But if you did change in the future you are probaly going to want something more. I see your centre speaker is in a pretty awardward position, that may limit your choices unless you got a stand or something for the centre speaker to go on.

And of course if you did change you are going to want something to match your blu ray player and amp.for sound.

oxocube

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I have placed three leather 350mm cubes (same as the seats) in front of the plinth to sit / put feet on and they look good (they match the 'blocks' in the artwork) and work a treat. We are really enjoying this room, we have enjoyed some great movies, so I am very pleased at the result so far. Next I will...

Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts