Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
14715737742_09a3b0aee8.jpg
14693044406_a8c1d67a94.jpg
14715748372_a14b769ab9.jpg
14716036035_d4a1dfc39d.jpg
14529597457_1484c94b8b.jpg

hi guys,

my room is very small 15' x 15' so had to put the speakers way back at wall. the speakers are front ported.

cables: speaker cables are chord company odyssey 2 bi-amp, for the amps chord company chameleon vee 3, from airport express to dac wireworld supernova 6 glass toslink and from dac to amp chord company cobra vee 3. turntable to phono amp project connect it and from phono amp to amp chord company chorus reference, cd player chord company chameleon vee 3.

cartridge is sumiko blue point no.2 - awesome cart.!

power conditioner using ms, a china brand but not bad for entry level system.

well that is my modest system, loving it.....

James7

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
ID. said:
Looks a bit better than "entry level" to me. I bet it sounds awesome. Love the speakers.

Yes, my thoughts too. One man's entry-level is another's 'out-of-my-reach' I guess.

Very nice. Sonus Faber really do make attractive gear don't they?

sonic21

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Tq ID, is dynamic, detail and airy. is not at its full potential yet as is still new, about 120 hours burn in. hope it will open up after 200-300 hours. heard sonus speakers takes a long time to burn in.

sonic21

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Tq Hi-FiOutlaw,

i use flickr to post those pics. if u dont have a flickr a/c i suggest you register. is quite easy.

1. sign in to flickr.com

2. download photos from your pc etc...to flickr

3. select the photo u want

4. at the bottom right of the page there is 3 icons, click on the third icon and select 'view all sizes'

5. select 'Medium 500'

6. press right click on your mouse or touch pad and select 'copy image address'

7. then go back to your what hifi page a click 'new post'

8. at the top of your comment box there is an icon says 'image' click on the image icon

9. image properties box will appear then paste on the 'URL' box then press 'OK'

10. click save then you are good to go.

may look complicated but you will get use to it.

please note this is base on Flickr account only. Flickr account is free.

anyway the sonus faber venere is an entry level of sonus faber range and the roksan kandy k2 is entry level too.

so my guess is an entry level system,haha! pls correct me if im wrong.

Neptune_Twilight

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I LOVE the speakers, looks a nice setup I it's really interesting+ looking at others systems & that they are happy with what they have & excited enough to share, I'll pluck up courage to share a few pics of my modest system sometime - Enjoy the system & your music *good*

James7

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
sonic21 said:
anyway the sonus faber venere is an entry level of sonus faber range and the roksan kandy k2 is entry level too.

so my guess is an entry level system,haha! pls correct me if im wrong.

Yes, okay *smile* ... I dread to think how much a top-of-the-line Sonus Faber / Roksan system would cost. A pair of Aida speakers on their own have a £80,000 RRP so I guess compared with that the Venere 3.0 is loose change down the back of the sofa kind of money. Even so ...

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Interesting artwork on the walls, i've never seen anything like it, was the pictures stuck on individually or is it wallpaper ?, nice speakers BTW.

sonic21

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
i cant even dream of those Aida's. its ridiculous how people can spent so much on a pair of speakers.

with that kind of money i rather get a porsche*wacko*

sonic21

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
hi simonlewis,

those are actually record albums double sided taped to the wall. sadly all those record where damaged so i just paste them on the wall for decoration. tq simonlewis.

sonic21

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
hi guys,

speakers have done about 150hrs now and its opening up. played Miles Davis 'kind of blue' on 180grams vinyl sounds very natural. wide soundstage, imaging point of view is that his trumpet was slightly forward placed and other instruments at the background is placed at the right depth, as if he was playing the trumpet right if front of me. those who are fond of jazz should get this album, excellent recording and good pressing on the vinyl. the highs were silky smooth, the mids were quite accurate and the lows are deep as i want them to be. i was lucky that this speakers are a good match with the amps.

sonic21

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
thank you for appreciating my system Esra. will be upgrading my amp to tubes...will post pics ones the new amps arrive.

auditioned a few tube amps and fell in love with it......a shop loan me a primaluna prologue premium integrated amp and its only 35watts using EL34 tubes for the output. it sounds musical,sweeter mids compared to my roksan. after auditioning this for a month i decided to order the primaluna dialogue seven monoblocks. won many awards.....cant wait, will be arriving in a month or two. will give a short review of the outcome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts