My CD player is now in 2nd place

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
This morning I had the pleasure of having a Rega P2 turntable with 2m blue cartridge installed, thanks Chebby.

Now I have returned home after vinyl bargain buying and am in the middle of listening to Queen Greatest Hits Vinyl and doing a direct comparison with my Rega Saturn CDP, no contest, depth, dynamics, detail I had forgotten how good vinyl sounded :)

Not that I will be binning my CDP, but my listening time will now be dedicated mainly to vinyl, absolutely stunning.

Thanks again Chebby, great to meet you.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
5 hours solid listening, Wife very very impressed. Even my 14 year old "kevin" (son) is impressed. Hopefully get him into HIFI as well.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Right, 8 Hours and my 5 new albums listened to and thoroughly enjoyed. Off to bargain basement record corner tomorrow to buy 10 more for £10 which includes them being cleaned!!! who cares what when it sounds this good :)

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:Right, 8 Hours and my 5 new albums listened to and thoroughly enjoyed. Off to bargain basement record corner tomorrow to buy 10 more for £10 which includes them being cleaned!!! who cares what when it sounds this good :)

Sounds good. Whereabouts is this bargain basement record corner?

T

the record spot

Interesting little trivia tidbit, but the copy of Led Zeppelin 1 the guy is holding on to at the foot of the homepage in Chebby's link will go for a very decent sum at auction. The album was pressed with the band name printed in turquoise blue (the more typical colour you see being orange text) and it immediately became collectable. Expect to spend a couple of hundred at least I think.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:Interesting little trivia tidbit, but the copy of Led Zeppelin 1 the guy is holding on to at the foot of the homepage in Chebby's link will go for a very decent sum at auction. The album was pressed with the band name printed in turquoise blue (the more typical colour you see being orange text) and it immediately became collectable. Expect to spend a couple of hundred at least I think.

Read this and dug my original copy out and discovered the writings in Orange, Damn it, mind you I wouldn't sell it anyway as it still sound great.

A

Anonymous

Just when I've decided not to sort out my boxed Revox turntable this thread comes along
emotion-5.gif
Nice one Trueblue, enjoy. I'll have to hold on my turntable venture rather than bin it...

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:Interesting little trivia tidbit, but the copy of Led Zeppelin 1 the guy is holding on to at the foot of the homepage in Chebby's link will go for a very decent sum at auction. The album was pressed with the band name printed in turquoise blue (the more typical colour you see being orange text) and it immediately became collectable. Expect to spend a couple of hundred at least I think.

Yes went in this morning and asked about it. Sold for around £500

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:Just when I've decided not to sort out my boxed Revox turntable this thread comes along
emotion-5.gif
Nice one Trueblue, enjoy. I'll have to hold on my turntable venture rather than bin it...

Dont bin it igglebert!! Forgotten how good it sounds. Still be using my CDP though but am sat listening to the best of Gordon Lightfoot on vinyl, fantastic voice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts