must be a simple answer for whfisv team

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i need to run a fully wired rgb scart from downstairs to a tv upstairs. Sounds simple but i need one with a detachale end to go through a wall. I can find a composite scart but this is no use to me. Ive tried the wirless video senders but they arte poor at best.

hope you can help

cheers kev

ps If you cant mabey i could invent one and make a few quide lovl

A

Anonymous

I was hoping to do something similar. Install a secondary Freeview box (Parental control. We do not haveSky/Cable) and then send a signal from that to the tv in my son's bedroom. I was looking at a wireless solution and was considering something like the Philex Slx. However, at only £40, compared to the Keene solution I'm worried that it may be 'too cheap to be true'.

Any suggestions, please?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Have tried some of these wireless systems, and found them to be rather prone to interference from other domestic radio sources, such as the wireless router and the microwave.

Finally solved the problem on our basic Thomson one at home, which carries Sky from a bedroom upstairs down to the kitchen, by switching send/receive frequencies. But it still goes berserk when we use the microwave!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. We have a BT Home hub, near to where the Freeview box will go, which acts as my wirelwss router to the PC in our bedroom. That may be an issue. I'll try the cheap option first, but keep the packaging pristine just in case.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Think it might well be a problem: our wireless router is on the other side of the wall where the receiver for the wireless TV link is, and that gave problems, so not sure how having router and Freeview box/sender so close together will work out.

FWIW, this is the system we use: it's the Thomson VS480U

But last time I mentioned this someone else posted saying he's had so much interference he gave up and went for the Keene CAT5 solution.

A

Anonymous

Good news!! Well, at least for me.

I have just tried the wireless solution and bingo - it works. I have the Philex Slx transmitter attached to a Sony VTXD 800U freeview box in the living room, with the receiver on the Philips Lcd in my sons' bedroom. First class picture. No interference from the BT Home hub, microwave cooker or 1ft high r/c Dalek!

In fact the VTXD does such a good job that he can receive Channel 5 whereas neither our BT Vision box nor the Pioneer 428xd's internals can pick it up (too prone to pixilation break-up to bother with). All the equipment is fed from the same outdoor aerial.

Hope this may be of some use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts