Decentish micro speakers

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering about getting a couple of very small (about the size of a mug) speakers to use at my desk. They would need to have volume control and be capable of taking the output from a Chromecast Audio - not particularly tricky, I'd have thought. And it might be useful if they could come with or work with a mono woofer (I'm thinking here that their bass would be so poor that a sub-woofer would still leave a gap!).

Any ideas?

PS - The Anker Soundcore 6W seems like an option, but to get two of them doing stereo you have to go fully wired by the sound of things. I guess it should be possible in theory to have some kind of stereo bluetooth proxy which would pair with the audio source and both speakers independently and send BT for left & right and hope that sync wouldn't be too much of an issue!

Another option I've seen is Bose Companion 2 Series III which seem to attract mixed reviews....

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
thewinelake. said:
I'm wondering about getting a couple of very small (about the size of a mug) speakers to use at my desk. They would need to have volume control and be capable of taking the output from a Chromecast Audio - not particularly tricky, I'd have thought. And it might be useful if they could come with or work with a mono woofer (I'm thinking here that their bass would be so poor that a sub-woofer would still leave a gap!).

Any ideas?

PS - The Anker Soundcore 6W seems like an option, but to get two of them doing stereo you have to go fully wired by the sound of things. I guess it should be possible in theory to have some kind of stereo bluetooth proxy which would pair with the audio source and both speakers independently and send BT for left & right and hope that sync wouldn't be too much of an issue!
Acoustic Energy Aego 2.1 system? No volume control on sats but a remote.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Very much different then what you asked, but my father and brother both have a jbl flip 3. They paired them up for fun the other day, sound was brilliant, and gives you Bluetooth and aux in option.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Check out the Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers. Ignore the 'gaming' tag because they're actually miles better than you'd expect for this type of speaker and are way better than any other computer speakers that I've heard.

They sound pretty clear without any harshness, can create a credible stereo image and have plenty of power and punch for when the music requires it. Proper active crossovers in them too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CA-SP211UK-SP2500-Gaming-Speaker/dp/B004LWZ8ZA

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts