Musical Fidelity M6i or Rotel RC-1580/RB-1582 or TEAC IA-3000?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

baltun

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Maybe, except that the latter would have much more power, more flexibility for further upgrades (I would like to build another system in another smaller hall, and perhaps get 2 Mcintosh monoblocs for the Hecos or a MF M6-500i), and the RA-1570 has more input options than the RC, namely 2 USB, etc...

baltun

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh, OK, thank you, ErwinC. :)

Well, I had given many Rock, Metal and Folk live gigs myself, plus years of rehearsal and studio production/recording sessions, so I'm sure I won't be blown away by some properly powered HF/MF on this Hi-Fi system. :)

Actually, it has been a very interesting experience crossing this blurring line between studio/professional sound sphere and the Hi Fi/Hi End one. Both have the urge for the ultimate sound quality, yet the criteria are so much different.

Campaign

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I have heard the Rotel1580/1582 combination with a clearaudio turntable and Dynaudio Focus 340 speakers and one thing it didn't lack for was power or drive. I listened to the album the wall by Pink Floyd and the sound was fantastic, the Rotel pairing sounded like it was doing it effortlessly and this was at a resonably loud volume in the dealers listening room. I don't think you will go wrong with a rotel pre power cause they definitely have the characteristics that you need. Naim certainly would be something to think about but I bet you can get more power in the amplifer for your money with Rotel than Naim.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
You can go for the 1580/1582 and also a DAC than you'll have a good powerful system and the option to operate digital interconnects as well .

baltun

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
ISAC69 said:
You can go for the 1580/1582 and also a DAC than you'll have a good powerful system and the option to operate digital interconnects as well .

Sounds like a very good option as well. Will consider this one! Thanks!

xtsili

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I actually own a Rotel RB-1092 driving a pair of HECO the Statement. It does it effortlessly while maintaining a good grip accross the frequency range. Sound wise is very neutral. I think it is a very good much for this speaker model - as for most I would say.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts