Differences in sound between ROTEL RC-1580+RB-1582 and RC-1570+RB-1582 MkII?

nelio

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I am currently thinking about getting ROTEL amplification. Maybe the new models RC-1570 preamp + RB-1582 MkII power amp. As I do not have the chance to audition them like I did with previous models, please, does anyone know if there are (listenable and significant) differences between these new models and the previous RC-1580 preamp + RB-1582 power amp?

(I know the sound of the combo RC-1580 preamp + RB-1582 power amp and it is great for an intense rock music listener like me. It's warm, it has the enough amount of detail, great control, dynamics, depth and timing. I find it very natural and musical. Bands like Nothing, Rage Against The Machine, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Rollins Band, The Black Keys, Mercury Rev, Vista Chino or Killing Joke sounded great through ROTEL amps. Even in your face and complex guitar sound was presented perfectly without any harshness or discomfort. Dynamic, but civilised and warm.)

Thanks.
nelio

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
nelio said:
Hi. I am currently thinking about getting ROTEL amplification. Maybe the new models RC-1570 preamp + RB-1582 MkII power amp. As I do not have the chance to audition them like I did with previous models, please, does anyone know if there are (listenable and significant) differences between these new models and the previous RC-1580 preamp + RB-1582 power amp? (I know the sound of the combo RC-1580 preamp + RB-1582 power amp and it is great for an intense rock music listener like me. It's warm, it has the enough amount of detail, great control, dynamics, depth and timing. I find it very natural and musical. Bands like Nothing, Rage Against The Machine, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Rollins Band, The Black Keys, Mercury Rev, Vista Chino or Killing Joke sounded great through ROTEL amps. Even in your face and complex guitar sound was presented perfectly without any harshness or discomfort. Dynamic, but civilised and warm.) Thanks. nelio

I own the RC-1580 preamp + RB-1582 power amp . Didn't hear the new ones but I think the RB-1582 MkII should be slightly better than 1582

because Rotel changed it to a dual mono power configuration . Regarding the new RC-1570 preamp if you don't need digital inputs buy the

RC-1580 it's certainly better than the new 1570 preamp . the best option in my opinion is RC-1580 preamp + RB-1582 MkII power amp .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts