Musical fidelity M6i or Naim Nait xs to drive my B&W 683

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Well, apparently this weekend we are going to have some demo cables of TQ Ultra Black and Graphite, thanks Rob for that ;)

That indeed will be very interesting.

Nb. Try to get the Blue and Black power cords as well...........The Blue won HFW Best Power Cable this year, and they said this, which could help your (and Rob's) situation - "It had a focused punchy bass, offered a better balanced presentation for the vinyl front end, injecting more air into the upper frequencies, while draining some of the claustrophobic bass".

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:
Well, apparently this weekend we are going to have some demo cables of TQ Ultra Black and Graphite, thanks Rob for that ;)

That indeed will be very interesting.

Nb. Try to get the Blue and Black power cords as well...........The Blue won HFW Best Power Cable this year, and they said this, which could help your (and Rob's) situation - "It had a focused punchy bass, offered a better balanced presentation for the vinyl front end, injecting more air into the upper frequencies, while draining some of the claustrophobic bass".

great advice, I think it would make sense to try the all set together.

In the meantime just git an email...somebody might drop some black ravioli this coming week to our shop in Antwerp, looking forward ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
great advice, I think it would make sense to try the all set together.

Agreed

acalex said:
In the meantime just git an email...somebody might drop some black ravioli this coming week to our shop in Antwerp, looking forward ;)

That just leaves Cardas and Atlas......the winner out of all that lot, will certainly be deserving.....and I wonder if you and Rob will end up with the same stuff.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am more and more certain it will end up like that and we will get the same kit :).

I am actually thinking, if I like so much a specific brand, that might be worth to go for the best achievable which might be the 770l if I chose Siltech and the asimi if I can get a good deal on the atlas :). In this way I am set for life :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
I am more and more certain it will end up like that and we will get the same kit :).

I am actually thinking, if I like so much a specific brand, that might be worth to go for the best achievable which might be the 770l if I chose Siltech and the asimi if I can get a good deal on the atlas :). In this way I am set for life :)

I preferred the Mavros to the Asimi, and didn't think much of it until Woollyjoe posted this; http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/calling-all-plinius-users

By all means try the Asimi, but make sure you listen to the Mavros.

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha

younsay that now but after a year I know you a little better than that an this have nothing to do with the money you will invest or not in the best achievable, but you are just to curious to say it would provably be for life... :twisted:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Roby said:
Haha

younsay that now but after a year I know you a little better than that an this have nothing to do with the money you will invest or not in the best achievable, but you are just to curious to say it would provably be for life... :twisted:

This reviewer said the TQ Graphite were the best he'd ever heard: http://h-e-a-r.de/pdf/tellurium_q/HFW_Tellurium_Q_Grahite.pdf :shifty:

Now, what did you think of the Linn ADS?
evil.png

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
acalex said:

Hey Alex,

I didn't listen to the Asimi cables but at more than three times the price of an already very expensive cable they would want to be better, much better!

You could have got a klimax for the price difference!! Hmmmm, maybe you could sell your ADS to Rob & trade up? :? ;)

Also I don't think that Atlas make an Asimi IC in RCA (I could be wrong?) so you may not be able to have a complete set.

For that sort of money you could be stepping up into the Nordost Valhallas?

I've been trying to follow you guys & your cable adventures, but all the models flying around have got a bit lost. Are any of the other brands you haave tried a silver cable? Or have they all been copper so far?

If you do decide to go for the Atlas let me know. I get wholesale pricing over here from a company I deal with through work. Might be able to at least give you an inication of how hard you can haggle.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Neuphonix said:
Hey Alex,

I didn't listen to the Asimi cables but at more than three times the price of an already very expensive cable they would want to be better, much better!

You could have got a klimax for the price difference!! Hmmmm, maybe you could sell your ADS to Rob & trade up? :? ;)

Also I don't think that Atlas make an Asimi IC in RCA (I could be wrong?) so you may not be able to have a complete set.

I've been trying to follow you guys & your cable adventures, but all the models flying around have got a bit lost. Are any of the other brands you haave tried a silver cable? Or have they all been copper so far?

If you do decide to go for the Atlas let me know. I get wholesale pricing over here from a company I deal with through work. Might be able to at least give you an inication of how hard you can haggle.

Until Alex replies, I'll tell you what I know.

- Asimi comes as both RCA and Balanced

- Cables tried:

AH.................Copper

Siltech..........Silver/Gold

Vertere.........Unique construction, where some of the twisted strands are silver coated.

- Cables still to try:

TQ...................................Guarded secret

Atlas Mavros..................Copper

Cardas Clear Light........Copper

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Neuphonix said:
Hey Alex,

Until Alex replies, I'll tell you what I know.

- Asimi comes as both RCA and Balanced

- Cables tried:

AH.................Copper

Siltech..........Silver/Gold

Vertere.........Unique construction, where some of the twisted strands are silver coated.

- Cables still to try:

TQ...................................Guarded secret

Atlas Mavros..................Copper

Cardas Clear Light........Copper

I will also try to get the Asimi to try... which is pure silver

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Roby said:
Haha

You start to know me very well my friend :rofl:

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Neuphonix said:
acalex said:

Hey Alex,

Well, we have been trying the Ah cables which is pure silver, the Lavardin cables, then the Siltech cables (silver and gold, our reference so far), the Vertere cables. We will be trying this weekend the Telurium Q UltraBlack and Graphite...waiting until the Atlas Mavros show up...

Thanks for the offer, I will contact you for sure in case we decide to take the Atlas....

Now listening to the system and missing very much the 330L...the 220L are great but I feel more edge especially in the voice which is a bit hissing sometimes and more fatiguing to listen...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:

Pure Silver Cables can sound bass light unless they are quite thick......which leaves them very (very) expensive (like the Asimi).

When I heard the Asimi, it was like the music was smacking me across the face, which was OK for a short time, but waring after a while. As Neuphonix said, it would be better putting the money towards a Klimax and/or a better amp....but don't let me put you off listening to it though.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

Pure Silver Cables can sound bass light unless they are quite thick......which leaves them very (very) expensive (like the Asimi).

When I heard the Asimi, it was like the music was smacking me across the face, which was OK for a short time, but waring after a while. As Neuphonix said, it would be better putting the money towards a Klimax and/or a better amp....but don't let me put you off listening to it though.

Actually I haven't fully realised the price of the Asimi cables :wall:

Not indeed that would be useless...at least in my system.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Well, we have been trying the Ah cables which is pure silver, the Lavardin cables, then the Siltech cables (silver and gold, our reference so far), the Vertere cables. We will be trying this weekend the Telurium Q UltraBlack and Graphite...waiting until the Atlas Mavros show up...

Thanks for the offer, I will contact you for sure in case we decide to take the Atlas....

Now listening to the system and missing very much the 330L...the 220L are great but I feel more edge especially in the voice which is a bit hissing sometimes and more fatiguing to listen...

I didn't realise Ah cables were solid silver.........are you sure?

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Was looking at isolation platforms at a decent price and found those...

What do you think? Pity they are all in UK and they would be very expensive to ship to Belgium...and would need optimally 40x45cm size for my speakers

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

I didn't realise Ah cables were solid silver.........are you sure?

Indeed, just a typo I cannot edit anymore. Ah cables are definitely copper cables not silver....

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Was looking at isolation platforms at a decent price and found those...

What do you think? Pity they are all in UK and they would be very expensive to ship to Belgium...and would need optimally 40x45cm size for my speakers

With anything involving Granite, you are better either getting Granite Worktop Savers for £10 at your supermarket, or finding a kitchen / fireplace company,and negotiate for an off-cut.

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Roby said:
Haha

This reviewer said the TQ Graphite were the best he'd ever heard: http://h-e-a-r.de/pdf/tellurium_q/HFW_Tellurium_Q_Grahite.pdf :shifty:

evil.png

Hum... Like I sais I'm getting there, not completly convinced yet... Try streaming is convinient... an the ADS is defenetly a great performer

I admid I still have more psygological issue not having a decent cdp

n here the min piont of the ads is the absence of an exportable dac this would defenitly help me to make the step.

An last but not least I really need to hear a decent streamer in my system see what happens, but shure Alex will help me on that one ;-)

Because I'm praticly shure he is impatiant to get me to the dark side :rofl:

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
No maybe time for a personal hit parade

So for now.....yes yes...on 1...Siltech 330L

2 but far behind 220L an for the price difference 330L is a better deal (but that's personal)

3 being completly different in sound an presentation, but bieng realy close in terms of musical enjoyment AH an actualy at the brice the are defenedly the secound choice

4 Vertere Plse X Alex an my self came to the same conclusion quite quickly "Not for us"

Now still to try

this weekend TQ ultra black & graphite +i/c an I will give the guy a call maybe he can ad tha P/C

I' actualy really curious an a bit exited :)

Personaly except Atlas

I want to try the AQ Gibraltar ( as my demo of the acendent Where on AQ an like you know it made me dicide to buy theme)

Mit as I heard a lot about theme

Those 2 last ones are avalble at the dealer where I bought the speakers so I could get my hand on theme but I actualy prefer try to contact the distributor directly see if I can get theme. Other wise I will ask the shop

An Kimber select (Francis have a paire apparently so should be no prob)

But like I said 330L !s the reference for now an all the rest have to be truly exceptional to outplay theme...

I want to try but I'm actualy a bit scared to try the 550L & 770L because risque is I don't want to diconnect theme any more an than what ??????

Voila....

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Roby said:
CnoEvil said:
Roby said:
Haha

evil.png

Hum... Like I sais I'm getting there, not completly convinced yet... Try streaming is convinient... an the ADS is defenetly a great performer

I admid I still have more psygological issue not having a decent cdp

n here the min piont of the ads is the absence of an exportable dac this would defenitly help me to make the step.

An last but not least I really need to hear a decent streamer in my system see what happens, but shure Alex will help me on that one ;-)

Because I'm praticly shure he is impatiant to get me to the dark side :rofl:

I have no problem with that :).

do you want me to take it this weekend already ;)?. Don't complain then if you like too much and you keep spending money because of me :)

you should probably also try to call the guy in the Netherlands for the atlas cable...as I see speaking the language is a huge help to get things more easily and in a smoother way

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Roby said:
Yes well I have to say The guy from TQ was great

easy an good impresion I'm actualy looking forward to talk to him Saturday

So maye you should also contact the other shop I gave to you today in the Netherlands for the atlas cables :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts