Musical fidelity M6i or Naim Nait xs to drive my B&W 683

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Cno, if we contact Telurium and Atlas, which cables we should get to stay more or less in the same price range? I got confused with all these names flying around :rofl:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Cno, if we contact Telurium and Atlas, which cables we should get to stay more or less in the same price range? I got confused with all these names flying around :rofl:

I think it is likely to be:

TQ - Ultra Black or Graphite (Possibly i/c)

Atlas - Mavros

Cardas - Clear Light (from the Vertere dealer)

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

Atlas - Mavros

got it, thanks a lot. Unfortunately it seems there is no official importer of atlas in the Netherlands or Belgium, I will contact atlas directly to see if something can be arranged to get the mavros here with correspondent ic. Do they also make power cords?

thanks as usual, not sure what we would do without your advices :)

Brib7 said:
acalex said:
Brib7 said:
Roby said:
1700 € 2x 3m for the gibraltar so still in the budget....more less.....
Is that 1700 euros for a pair of three metre lengths of speaker cable?

Yes :)
OK, way to go, I guess :)

I would want something connected to both ends of each of the cables for that kind of money! :O

Seriously, am I reading this correctly?

Definitely demo, & demo long. Be absolutely certain that it's worth the money.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

Atlas - Mavros

Rob, there is a telurium q distributor in the Netherlands and also a shop near Antwerp, maybe you can give them a call tomorrow to have a set of ultra black/graphite speaker cables, black power cord and black/graphite ic as a demo, since you speak the language :rofl:

CnoEvil said:
- Try to use Vertere from start to finish (Pulse B), and as you say, give it the weekend to try a variety of music.....it's when you change back, that often tells the tail.

- Kimber is well thought of and worth a try, though haven't personally heard it.

- What I have heard (and chose) is Cardas, which for me gives the perfect balance of musicality and detail.

- Atlas Mavros is also excellent, if Francis can mooch you some.

- It would appear that AH makes a great benchmark as a VFM option.

- It seems to me that ATM, you like a cable to give a little "body" to the sound, which would be AH / Siltech / Cardas / Mavros (by Atlas).

- TQ and Vertere are clean and fast (imo), and may suit Alex's system, which already has more than enough "body".

Have you actually demoed them yourself, or just summing up what you've read?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
got it, thanks a lot. Unfortunately it seems there is no official importer of atlas in the Netherlands or Belgium, I will contact atlas directly to see if something can be arranged to get the mavros here with correspondent ic. Do they also make power cords?

thanks as usual, not sure what we would do without your advices :)

Yes, they do the Eos range which are good VFM, and you get the one that suits the component: http://www.futureshop.co.uk/atlas-cables-atlas-mains-cables-c-263_303.html#.UOdmDW-vH90

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Have you actually demoed them yourself, or just summing up what you've read?

I own Cardas and have demoed Vertere range (musical evening); TQ Black and Ultra Black; Atlas Mavros and Asimi.

Roby / Alex are familiar with, and like AH, which is why it should be used as a benchmark.....and being a pure copper cable, won't have any "zing" to the treble. The important thing is to try and describe the cables they haven't heard.

I mentioned that I haven't heard the Kimber Select.

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Of course I did reverse the cables You want life in this tread an you don't read ;-)

Like usual in the begining no big change but than afther a fiew tracks you start to notice the diference an improvement.

It even made me play aiguitar on sultans of swing (but I admit it does that almost with every system :twisted: )

It's getting better but I stil have more problems in the low frequency's than with the other cables I tested

So I defenetly go to the center tomorow to a shop selling auralex (btw Cno the sub dudes are the same pricz as the gramma 58€ but maybe the gramma's comes in a set I don't know)

Sunday might work for me I call you tomorow (I actualy tried to call you because I think Logitech stoped making the sbt I think an I just sugested it to a friend I told him to buy Sonos instaed)

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to ad somthing

I'm not a big fan of M. Jackso or Prince but like most people here I guess I have a cd or 2

An one thing I noticed during my cable testing the last 4 weeks it's al perfectly recorded, I have to give them that. an it makes it actualy really enjoyable.

An that's makes it quite handy to compare everything

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
or those granite ones I found on ebay the other day. granite plinth on spike / speaker on spike on plinth.

I just cant quite wrap my head around the cost of those Aurelex ones, wood on foam! Not saying they're not effective, but surely you could build your own for a fraction of the cost?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Neuphonix said:
or those granite ones I found on ebay the other day. granite plinth on spike / speaker on spike on plinth.

I just cant quite wrap my head around the cost of those Aurelex ones, wood on foam! Not saying they're not effective, but surely you could build your own for a fraction of the cost?

I got mine for £35 each, and with the amount of faff, I doubt it would be worth it. It has a couple of different types of acoustic foam underneath...and it works. If I built it, it probably wouldn't work.....as well as looking shyte.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Neuphonix said:
Wow those Track Audio plinths look amazing!

I've also been checking out new racks by Solid Tech. Seen those?

They really work, and normally will sort out an ingrained bass problem.....but they cost as much as a good pair of speakers.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Rob, I saw the call too late, sorry. Yes SBT is out of production but I still suggest to buy secon hand unit as it works perfectly without bugs which would need a future firmware update. Plus the SBT is unix based so with a little bit of reading around and trying you can do pretty sweet things. For example I manage to completely switch off ir, wifi and digital output which I don't use. You can also switch off the display while playing with an improvement in sq.

Otherwise take your friend to Francis to buy sonos and a Vincent integrated amp :rofl:

so how is the result of vertere cables this morning? I think you should really try the lot on a better source like the amazing turntable you have...just be careful not to move too much while listening.

Got nice answer from Atlas this morning, will post the answer in a separate thread :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Roby said:
I just wanted to ad somthing

I'm not a big fan of M. Jackso or Prince but like most people here I guess I have a cd or 2

An one thing I noticed during my cable testing the last 4 weeks it's al perfectly recorded, I have to give them that. an it makes it actualy really enjoyable.

An that's makes it quite handy to compare everything

This might be why the Michael Jackson recordings sound so good :grin: ;)

http://enjoy-audio.de/tl_files/download/Electrocompaniet/michael-jackson-and-electrocompaniet---final-v.pdf

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Got nice answer from Atlas this morning, will post the answer in a separate thread :)

If things don't work out, ring Atlas and speak to John Carrick who is very helpful indeed and really knows his stuff. I have met him a couple of times, and he is a real gent.

The products to try are the Mavros cables (i/c & s/c) and Eos Power Cables and 4 way Mains Block......outstanding quality, design and performance.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

If things don't work out, ring Atlas and speak to John Carrick who is very helpful indeed and really knows his stuff. I have met him a couple of times, and he is a real gent.

The products to try are the Mavros cables (i/c & s/c) and Eos Power Cables and 4 way Mains Block......outstanding quality, design and performance.

It is exactly with him I exchanged the first couple of emails, really nice guy indeed. I have asked him permission to post part of his answer on the forum here in a separate thread as I really appreciate the technical details he shared with me

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
It is exactly with him I exchanged the first couple of emails, really nice guy indeed. I have asked him permission to post part of his answer on the forum here in a separate thread as I really appreciate the technical details he shared with me

Your are in good hands, as he is in charge.....I have found that he does what he says. He went out of his way to get me a cable to try.

I'm delighted you are dealing with him, and if you have any questions (you usually have), make sure you ask them.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

Your are in good hands, as he is in charge.....I have found that he does what he says. He went out of his way to get me a cable to try.

I'm delighted you are dealing with him, and if you have any questions (you usually have), make sure you ask them.

Yes, every time he "floods" me with a lot of information and I like it a lot. I am now reading the info on Atlas website regarding technical specifics...all very very interesting. As far as I understood the Atlas (Mavros) are still copper cables whilst the Asimi are pure silver. If I am not wrong the all G7 series of Siltech are also pure silver but couldn't find anywhere this information clearly...I have dropped an email to Siltech to check if they can come up with a few technical info...

It is getting interesting...and you start realising why these cables are so expensive...the technology and materials behind are impressive.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Yes, every time he "floods" me with a lot of information and I like it a lot. I am now reading the info on Atlas website regarding technical specifics...all very very interesting. As far as I understood the Atlas (Mavros) are still copper cables whilst the Asimi are pure silver. If I am not wrong the all G7 series of Siltech are also pure silver but couldn't find anywhere this information clearly...I have dropped an email to Siltech to check if they can come up with a few technical info...

It is getting interesting...and you start realising why these cables are so expensive...the technology and materials behind are impressive.

Atlas only use all high purity copper or all Silver (Asimi).

Siltech specialize in "metallurgy", where they mix high purity metals - which is Silver and Gold, in their higher ranges.

If you want more info, read through these Insights from George Cardas: http://www.cardas.com/insights.php

Both companies (Atlas and Cardas) design and build their own cables and have similar philosophies - ie. believe in high purity conductors (mostly copper), the importance of the dielectric and the quality of the connectors.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Roby said:
So I defenetly go to the center tomorow to a shop selling auralex (btw Cno the sub dudes are the same pricz as the gramma 58€ but maybe the gramma's comes in a set I don't know)

:wave:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts