Musical fidelity M6i or Naim Nait xs to drive my B&W 683

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Telurium Q : http://www.telluriumq.com/page50.html

Atlas (looking for Distributors :shifty: ): http://www.atlascables.com/international-distributors.html

Cardas (and interestingly Vertere): http://www.dimex.nl/de_merken.php

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

Atlas (looking for Distributors :shifty: ): http://www.atlascables.com/international-distributors.html

Thanks

I will try to cantact theme.

Atlas the dealer is in Paris

&

Cardas that's apperantly the same compagny that sels Vertere (Alexmaybe you can contact theme)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Roby said:
Cardas that's apperantly the same compagny that sels Vertere (Alexmaybe you can contact theme)

That's what I thought.....maybe he could send some Cardas Golden Reference and/or Golden Cross as well.....if your shop doesn't already have some.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Siltech will make a terrific benchmark, but there are other exceptional brands out there.

- Vertere (hopefully these will appear after a while)

- Telurium Q (Green/ Ultra Black / Graphite)

- Atlas Mavros

- Cardas (Golden Reference / Golden Cross / Clear)

I am quite sure you will end up with something that is right for you.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Roby said:
CnoEvil said:

Thanks

I will try to cantact theme.

Atlas the dealer is in Paris

&

Yes please pick them up if arrived!

Really would like to try also these Telurium Ultra Black cables or their reference Graphite speaker cables which were made apparently to outperform the ultra black. I think the importer is from the netherlands but there is a shop near Antwerp also, maybe you could give them a call...

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Yes please pick them up if arrived!

Really would like to try also these Telurium Ultra Black cables or their reference Graphite speaker cables which were made apparently to outperform the ultra black. I think the importer is from the netherlands but there is a shop near Antwerp also, maybe you could give them a call...

This reviewer has never heard better: http://h-e-a-r.de/pdf/tellurium_q/HFW_Tellurium_Q_Grahite.pdf

Another review here: http://h-e-a-r.de/pdf/tellurium_q/HFW_Nov12_Tellurium_Q_Mains_Black.pdf

It makes sense to hear what is available, given the money at stake.

It can make sense to mix and match from a given brand eg....

TQ Black (or Blue) Power Cord + Graphite I/C + Ultra Black S/C

Cardas Clear Beyond (or Clear) power Cord + Golden Ref (or Clear) I/C + Golden Cross S/C

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
First impression of the Vertere Pulse x

Well to be honest itt's a litle desapointing....Can't really say it sound bad but it give a completle differend dimansion in space.

For now I'm listenin for an hour but let theme play while I was at work today.

It's stuill good but compared to the Siltech & the AH it lost some engagment an clarity

Also it's les life like an on on a fiew tracks a litle artificial.

zvzry thing sound differend Bass, voice, guitar etc

Now I admid you need to get used to every new item in your set.... But I don't think this is the best start. I'm going to let them on during the weekend before passing them to Alex to have his opinion.

See if ther is any improvement.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
This is exactly why you need to try different options.....and it may work with Alex's system better. Are you using it with the Vetere i/c?

Sounds like you might prefer the Cardas presentation......as I do.

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
yes I'm using the ic from the same serie....

In the mean time I asking my self if I didn't over reacted a little....I mean I'm still not convinced

But I moved my speaker an took the time to litening a fiew tracks sitting in front of my system (also turning the volume up a bit to please the neigbours ;-)) an it was way better the big difference IMO is that until now I was always impressed even if I wasitting next to mo speakers at the table.

So like you say still a fiew options to explore an i certenly will.

The demo was done with rocket 88 from audio quest an like you know it worked well so that's also something I want to try

an to day a friend made me want to try the Kimber select...It might be to my taste as I like the sound of the AH & Audioquest an thos are also bothe coper cables

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
hi Roby,

the Audioquest Gibraltar cables are worth a listen if you can stretch that far.

My dealer was pushing the Comets because he thought a silver cable complimented the warmth of the AMS. But said if you prefered copper the Gibraltar was well worth considering.

Then of course there are the Colorado or Niagara ICs

Just beware of cheap counterfeits, they are out there.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
- Try to use Vertere from start to finish (Pulse B), and as you say, give it the weekend to try a variety of music.....it's when you change back, that often tells the tail.

- Kimber is well thought of and worth a try, though haven't personally heard it.

- What I have heard (and chose) is Cardas, which for me gives the perfect balance of musicality and detail.

- Atlas Mavros is also excellent, if Francis can mooch you some.

- It would appear that AH makes a great benchmark as a VFM option.

- It seems to me that ATM, you like a cable to give a little "body" to the sound, which would be AH / Siltech / Cardas / Mavros (by Atlas).

- TQ and Vertere are clean and fast (imo), and may suit Alex's system, which already has more than enough "body".

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
- TQ and Vertere are clean and fast (imo), and may suit Alex's system, which already has more than enough "body".

Wel you might be right in theory but I have exactly the oposite feeling....

An I say this that until now my feeling was that I found a system that sound good on everything also electronics (witch is quite rare in HI end systems IMO) here stuf like basmant jax, fat boy slim, prodigy... just don't come out right

On the other hand Pink floyd is impresive...

also Strangly I have the feeling it looses a bit grip in the lower department.

One thing apperently I connected the cables wrong used the side for the omp on speaker I reversed it now

So I let you know if it's better after e fiew tracks

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Neuphonix said:
hi Roby,

My dealer was pushing the Comets because he thought a silver cable complimented the warmth of the AMS. But said if you prefered copper the Gibraltar was well worth considering.

I don't mind strech some money if in the end I'm happy ;-) altrueth I don't know the price of those Gibraltars....But the rocket's used in the demo are cheap (wel compared to the money we spend on the rest)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Roby said:
One thing apperently I connected the cables wrong used the side for the omp on speaker I reversed it now

So I let you know if it's better after e fiew tracks

With this cable, it is absolutely crucial to connect it the right way round, as the +ve and -ve are a totally different construction due to the revolutionary design......I nearly stressed this in a prior post, as it's so crucial, but didn't like to be pushy.

Construction seen here (post 6 photo No.6): http://www.whathifi.com/forum/accessories/an-evening-with-touraj-moghaddam-vertere?page=2

Let me know how it goes.

Is it Pulse B I/C cables you are using?

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Roby said:
Neuphonix said:
hi Roby,

I don't mind strech some money if in the end I'm happy ;-) altrueth I don't know the price of those Gibraltars....But the rocket's used in the demo are cheap (wel compared to the money we spend on the rest)

Well if you don't mind stretching it then consider the Sky interconnets (balanced) with the comet or meteor SC, afully silver solution. As my dealer said he felt that silver cables went well with the AMS series. I guess he meant that the warmth of the AMS toned down the edginess that you can sometimes find in silver leads?

But that will certainly be stretching it! ;)

At the end of the day as CNOs been saying, surely VFM becomes the overiding factor? :?

Roby

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

[/quote]

Well if you don't mind stretching it then consider the Sky interconnets (balanced) with the comet or meteor SC, afully silver solution. As my dealer said he felt that silver cables went well with the AMS series. I guess he meant that the warmth of the AMS toned down the edginess that you can sometimes find in silver leads?

But that will certainly be stretching it! ;)

At the end of the day as CNOs been saying, surely VFM becomes the overiding factor? :?

[/quote]

:wall: I said some money ;-) (not rob the bank......

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Roby said:
:wall: I said some money ;-) (not rob the bank......

The Vertere have to be very good indeed to justify the price......when I heard them, I thought they were, but that was in isolation.

iceman16

Roby said:
yes I'm using the ic from the same serie....

In the mean time I asking my self if I didn't over reacted a little....I mean I'm still not convinced

But I moved my speaker an took the time to litening a fiew tracks sitting in front of my system (also turning the volume up a bit to please the neigbours ;-)) an it was way better the big difference IMO is that until now I was always impressed even if I wasitting next to mo speakers at the table.

So like you say still a fiew options to explore an i certenly will.

The demo was done with rocket 88 from audio quest an like you know it worked well so that's also something I want to try

an to day a friend made me want to try the Kimber select...It might be to my taste as I like the sound of the AH & Audioquest an thos are also bothe coper cables

Roby,

Is there any MIT cable dealer in your area?

A

Anonymous

Roby said:
1700 € 2x 3m for the gibraltar so still in the budget....more less.....
Is that 1700 euros for a pair of three metre lengths of speaker cable?

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Finally some life in this thread! Rob did you change the side of cables? I have sent to you the email from Vertere explaining how to connect them.

Really looking forward to try those within my system, do you want pop up for a listen on Sunday? I have also some good wines you need to taste...

If you want I can try to contact Atlas tomorrow if you do the same with the importer of Telurium Ultra Black... :)

Let's start pulling a few strings to make the cables appearing here :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts