Music in the bathroom?

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys

Hope i am in the right section!

I currently have a Marantz MCr 610 upstairs in the bedroom, which i use mainly to listen to my iTunes collection, either from my phone or my ipod. My question is this: if i wanted to use this system to stream my music in the shower room next door, what equipment would you recommend?

I have looked at Sonos, but the Play1 isn't compatable (power regulations), and the Connect amp with ceiling speakers looks an expensive option.

Haven't really thought about budget, because if it's what i want then i will either buy it when funds allow or piecemeal.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions?

I've found a bluetooth waterproof speaker from Lithe. Anyone heard one of these?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Denon HEOS 1 HS2 with optional GoPack? Will Bluetooth from your phone or iPad, and could then be integrated with your existing system using a HEOS Link connected to the mini-system.

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Denon HEOS 1 HS2 with optional GoPack? Will Bluetooth from your phone or iPad, and could then be integrated with your existing system using a HEOS Link connected to the mini-system.

Actually, that might work quite well. Having listened to one, I don't dislike it's sound, and being mobile, can use it in the garage and garden too :)

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gsyx123 said:
Actually, that might work quite well. Having listened to one, I don't dislike it's sound, and being mobile, can use it in the garage and garden too :)

Happy to help, and have just noticed there's a half-price offer on the GoPack at the moment if you buy it with a HEOS 1 HS2.

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
spiny norman said:
gsyx123 said:

Happy to help, and have just noticed there's a half-price offer on the GoPack at the moment if you buy it with a HEOS 1 HS2.

Yep that's what i got! Was originally offered a deal on the HS1?, but it was only £10 cheaper so no-brainer really to go for the HS2 :)

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gsyx123 said:
Yep that's what i got! Was originally offered a deal on the HS1?, but it was only £10 cheaper so no-brainer really to go for the HS2 :)

IMO the HS2 looks well worth going for, thanks to extra features, etc.

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Umm. After trialing the system for a few days there are a few weakness's showing.

1) when using the go-pack you cannot remotely turn on the system.

2) the power switch for the go-pack and power level lights are at the rear of the unit making it difficult to turn on the system once installed and also see how much charge is left before needing re-charging

3) will not play songs from iPod classic when plugged in directly into sub port.

Not sure if this is the solution I want but will persevere with it for now

minieggs

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
gsyx123 said:
Umm. After trialing the system for a few days there are a few weakness's showing.

1) when using the go-pack you cannot remotely turn on the system.

2) the power switch for the go-pack and power level lights are at the rear of the unit making it difficult to turn on the system once installed and also see how much charge is left before needing re-charging

3) will not play songs from iPod classic when plugged in directly into sub port.

Not sure if this is the solution I want but will persevere with it for now

How long does it take to boot from cold to ready to play/join existing group ? I have a HS1 and it takes about 50-55 secs. I just wondered if the HS2 was any quicker booting and logging onto the Wifi ?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts