Multiroom advice needed please!!!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

As a big fan of Hi-Fi and home cinema and the completion of my new place set for just two months away i'd love some advice on multiroom systems.

I intend to utilise my current set up of :

TV Samsung LE40N87BD
A/V Receiver Onkyo TX-SR605
Blue-Ray Sony BDP-S350
Sky HD
PS3
Sub: Mordaunt Short Avant 309i
Fronts: Mordaunt Short 916i
Centre: Mordaunt Short 304
Rears: Mordaunt Short 302
Rear : Mordaunt Short Bi Pole
Cables: IXOS HXT458 (HDMI x 3)
Tacima CS929 Mains Conditioner

In the main living room. I then would like to send audio to the bathroom and kitchen and audio and video to two bedrooms / study.

There seems to be a lot of different systems around and this is a completely new area for me.

The new place is completely ripped apart, therefore any wires that need hiding or routing is no issue!

Any advice would be greatly appriciated

Thanks

Ryan

A

Anonymous

Hi Ryanesq , we seem to be one step in front of you on the home improvement front. We found a local multiroom installer and he popped over ran through what we wanted and then told us the options. We have a HDMi cable , 3 shielded Cat5 , and a coax run to all tv points. And in the rooms with surround sound the equivalent 5.1 cabling to were the speakers will go, and standard surround cabling for audio only rooms. We have opted for the in wall and in ceiling speakers as the boss doesnt want " coffin like boxes " everwhere ? And then all of the cables go back to our study which will be were the brains live !!

We were told many different systems that are available and since the whole house needed re-wiring & plumbing thought it was good timing. But I would find a local installer for ideas, we opted to use the Elan system, similair to the install recently in Home cinema choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts