Multi-DVD Player or Hard Drive

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to be able to declutter my veiwing space by having either a multi-dvd player capable of storing 100+ DVD's or a solution where I rip the DVD to a hard drive. I have all the DVD's so not looking to pirate/copy anything. I don't want a PC type box - would perfer something in keeping with the rest of the home cinema kit. My budget is up to £3k.

Have tried gooleing but can't find anything - any pointers greatly appreciated.

JR

John Duncan

Mac Mini and an external hard drive. Maybe Apple TV (though a faff if you want all 100 on there). Alternatively, look at the rather more expensive Kaleidescape system.

Oh, and Sony do a fairly cheap 400-disc DVD JukeBox as well if I recall.

Note however, that copying your DVDs onto your hard drive is illegal in this country, whether you own them or not.

JohnDuncan:Mac Mini and an external hard drive. Maybe Apple TV (though a faff if you want all 100 on there). Alternatively, look at the rather more expensive Kaleidescape system. Oh, and Sony do a fairly cheap 400-disc DVD JukeBox as well if I recall. Note however, that copying your DVDs onto your hard drive is illegal in this country, whether you own them or not.

I thought all copying is illegal in this country?

John Duncan

plastic penguin:
JohnDuncan:Mac Mini and an external hard drive. Maybe Apple TV (though a faff if you want all 100 on there). Alternatively, look at the rather more expensive Kaleidescape system. Oh, and Sony do a fairly cheap 400-disc DVD JukeBox as well if I recall. Note however, that copying your DVDs onto your hard drive is illegal in this country, whether you own them or not.

I thought all copying is illegal in this country?

Like I said...

A

Anonymous

I assume from your budget that you are NOT considering a MultiMedia HDD.

But depending on your other kit, that might be suitable... There are several out there with HDMI connections and upto 1080i.

I have one from WEDigital (a Samsung affiliate in France) that is pretty good. It supports .VOB format and the remote has a neat DVD function to it. Just navigate the folders to the desired movie's root menu and press the DVD button - PRESTO! It loads the DVD's on screen menu and acts just like a regular player.

Of course it isn't going to compete with a really good DVD player... But my wife was very pleased with the clean look once we got all the DVDs out sight. (
emotion-14.gif
Heheh... now she has to deal with my Blu-rays!)

Not sure what is available in the UK with all the draconian anti-copy laws you guys have over there... but it is worth looking at.

Good Luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts