Multi-Channel outputs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

michael hoy

stevee1966 said:
Best price on an Oppo 103 ?

I'm thinking about getting the Oppo solely for the fact it can play SA-CD over my current Panasonic multi channel output Bluray player, but £500 scares me in an age where physical blurays/dvd's are dying out.

What to do ???

"physical blurays/dvd's are dying out"

They said that about vinyl.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
michael hoy said:

But it's true though isn't it ? I can't go anywhere near where i live to pick up a bluray/dvd to rent anymore since Blockbuster passed away.

I don't like the download culture and always buy a physical copy of any music i buy on cd. Movies are different. Once i've watched them once i rarely go back to see them again, and i have watched a few via Sky Store recently.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
michael hoy said:

But it's true though isn't it ? I can't go anywhere near where i live to pick up a bluray/dvd to rent anymore since Blockbuster passed away.

I don't like the download culture and always buy a physical copy of any music i buy on cd. Movies are different. Once i've watched them once i rarely go back to see them again, and i have watched a few via Sky Store recently.

That doesn't mean nobody is buying blu-rays though, it's a long way from "dying out". Sales of blu-ray in the UK and US last year were both up, albeit not by the same amount as DVD sales declined, which would suggest that those people that never moved to blu-ray are going straight to download/streaming services but blu-ray sales themselves have been rising.

It's fair to say long term all physical media will die out but we're not there yet.

D

Deleted member 2457

Did you buy a Blu-Ray player then? The Panasonic now £389 at Prc Direct.co.uk:

http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/productgroups/BPLY/blu-ray-players/page2/

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
D

Deleted member 2457

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts