MQA is the devil

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
MQA is the devil in audio.
It lowers sound quality, and compresses files. It is a lossy format.
It only exists to give that Bob Stuart, of the failed Meridian Audio a pension fund, so that he doesn't have to borrow money from his wife.
NO TO MQA!

D

Deleted member 108165

Not sure whether to hit the ignore button for Spanky Wanky as his posts are always just plain daft and all I'm doing with this response is giving this idiot more air-time.

D

Deleted member 116933

My biggest problem is you still have to have certain DACs to achieve a full unfold. And for that reason if it carries on the way it is, it will never become mainstream. Other than that the fist unfold that I listen too through Audirvana sound fantastic. Comparing a hozier wasteland baby to my locally stored flac file and the MQA (first unfold) stream, the tidal stream of it is more airy and faster And certainly a lot fuller.

EricLeRouge

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Nonsense. Unless something in the reproduction chain adds or substracts information to the original MQA data, there is no evidence whatsoever of a MQA ‘signature’ added to the sound.

I would, however, be concerned about watermarking in some hi-res files (which has an audible effect on the musical signal), in particular with mainstream pop-rock titles from the the major studios which were originally mastered for DVD-video and DVD-Audio, and later Blu-Ray, and now posted on streaming platforms.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
MQA is the devil in audio.
It lowers sound quality, and compresses files. It is a lossy format.
It only exists to give that Bob Stuart, of the failed Meridian Audio a pension fund, so that he doesn't have to borrow money from his wife.
NO TO MQA!

This has refreshing cynicism so it has a little attraction for me, plus I have no idea how MQA sounds or works.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts