Moving to Dubai

A

Anonymous

First post dont know where the text went lol!!

Should have read

Help Needed

Am moving to Dubai in 4 Weeks and am putting all my stuff in Storage and flogging my existing kit

On fleaBa!

Ideally want a one box solution budget not an issue have about 4TB of lossless flac on NAS

So was thinking something from Naim with either proac or harbeth but open to suggestions

A

Anonymous

Cheers Chebby good call

Indeed they do does anyone have any experience of them? will it be cheaper there?

A

Anonymous

Thanks John

CD's in boxes ready for storage, vinyl not yet boxed kit not yet on flea ba! so many things to do good job I have a Wife so I only need worry about my music and turning up at the Airport lol !!

So looks like Naim SuperUniti will check chebby links and see if Duabai Audio stock the other speakers

Thanks so much guys !!!

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Xenasys said:
Cheers Chebby good call

Indeed they do does anyone have any experience of them? will it be cheaper there?

I dealt with them during my UAE work stint 2005 to 2007. Pleasant experience. Cant recall the sales person's name but it was a local Arab guy but was educated in UK and spoke fluent English.

Price was reasonable back then as there was no import duty on hifi. Not sure about now after the economy crashed in Dubai.

Make sure you know the direction to the shop before you head out. If you are travelling from Dubai towards Abu Dhabi with car, the shop is on the right hand side of the highway, so you have to make a U turn in one of the exits. Syeikh Zayed Road is a long stretch road (highway). So, if you miss the turn to his shop, you have to drive further to make another U Turn. Hhhmmmm I hope that make sense.

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You can access the service road which serves Dubai Audio about 0.5k after interchange one - but you need to keep your eyes peeled to see it coming up. Alternatively turn right at Int One and use Al Safa Street and go around the block.

Here's a map

A

Anonymous

Thanks both of you for reply Its always nice to know someone who has used them I see what u mean about the road lol!!

So I suppose if stuff is cheaper I could buy something else as well excellent !!!

I have mailed them and told them I will setup a demo once I have an Apartment

So just got to put old stuff on flea ba!

Thanks again

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Xenasys said:
Ideally want a one box solution budget not an issue have about 4TB of lossless flac on NAS

So was thinking something from Naim with either proac or harbeth but open to suggestions

4TB!! Thought I had a few albums until now; that's what, about 7000?

A

Anonymous

I live here for 15 years. Dubai Audio Center is an excellent shop with several (I think 7) demo rooms. They will let you demo inside the shop as long as you want; never tried to take equipment home. I have purchased there in the past, recommended. Among others, they sell Naim, Cyrus and Linn - so plenty of streaming choices for you. Prices were slightly lower than in Europe (@ -VAT).

A

Anonymous

Hey Gusboll

Do you know I havn't counted but there are many copies of the same albums stored in different formats from 24/96 to Flac and Apple Lossless Just like my music on tap.

The hardest thing is going to be puuting all my Vinyl in storage but looking forward to My new job in Dubai.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Hey zelkop

Thanks for your post looking forward to checking out Dubai Audio maybe I'll see you there

Cheers :dance:

arjaytee

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I was in Dubai for 8 years until 2005 - I remember Dubai Audio centre opening up - there is another place I used which is over in Dubai rather than Deira side - V & V, they are close to Baniyas square - you can park in one of the big car parks on the creek side and walk thru - again very happy to demo anything you're interested in and offer free installation service - didn't ever ask about demo-ing at home.

Still have some of the gear i bought there - price as I recall was much cheaper than home BUT home is Australia now and prices of Hi Fi gear here is very expensive compared to the UK. e.g Onkyo TX NR609 here is $1000 say 660 Pds.

I'd be surprised if there are not a few other Hi Fi places in Dubai by now.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bob t

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts