Motion Sickness?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Panasonic TH42PX70B is about 16 months old now and I have become aware of a problem which I think has probably always been evident, but is now really annoying. When the camera pans left or right. up or down, fast or slow, the picture loses focus until the camera fixes on it's subject. It is not like "smearing " as in a poor TV following a football for example, but rather a disorientating effect which confuses the eye momentarily. This happens via all broadcast feeds, whether from the built in Freesat tuner or Denon 1940 DVD player. One of the reasons I chose plasma over LCD was the generally acknowledged better motion handling qualities of the former. Is there a problem with the TV or is this an unwelcome characteristic?

P.S. Trying to get email help from Pamasonic's website is no easy task!

A

Anonymous

I have the 50 inch Panasonic and i don't have that problem, what is your viewing distance? Is it evident at all distances?

A

Anonymous

Im guessing here but its probably not the panel thats causing the loss of focus but the tv's internal scaler! try turning overscan off and lowering any picture enhancments eg sharpness and noise reduction settings

A

Anonymous

By overscan do you mean P-NR in the picture menu? This is off as is colour management. Viewing distance doesnt make a difference to the problem. Any more suggestions gratefully received.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts