Motion judder on my new 3D Samsung 40UE 7000.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
New Samsung 3D 7 Series is stunning! The picture is brilliant(it took some tweaking),but for the life of me I can't explain the following;watching an old DVD(not blu-ray) like Whole Ten Yards the movement is absolutely smooth-no judder noticeable.Watching blu-ray The Dark Knight-picture is crystal as expected,but motion judder is so bad that the movie is nearly unwatchable.Changing between the MotionPlus options make no difference.One expects the opposite! Source is Sony 360 blu-ray player and DH 800 Receiver,both 3 months old.Premium Gold 1.3b HDMI cables.And can anyone explain to me what the LED MotionPlus is for? Don't seem to make much of a difference.

A

Anonymous

try adjusting the film mode mate in the pic menue on tv!

A

Anonymous

Have you got the latest firmware ? There was a release last Friday (USB install, the online option wasn't working for me).

A

Anonymous

This is for a c8000 but i would imagine its very similar.

Mode: Movie

Backlight 13

Contrast 85

Brightness 45

Sharpness 20

Colour 46

Eco - all off

Black tone - off

Dynamic contrast - off

Gamma - -1

RGB only - off

Color Space - Custom

Red - 65 8 0

Green - 22 18 11

Blue - 0 18 50

Yellow - 55 38 8

Cyan - 10 34 52

Magenta - 56 23 52

10p White Balance - off

Flesh tone - 0

Edge Enhancement - on

xvYCC - on

LED Motion Plus - cinema

Colour Tone - Warm2

DNF - off

MNF - off

Film mode - auto 2

Motion Plus - custom blur reduction 10, judder reduction 0

smart led - standard

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Personally i really noticed the drop from 50htz to 24fps during BD discs. So used to a higher delivery rate.

I love Philips TV's but they are a swine for getting perfect, especially were 'motion' and 'ghosting' are concerned.

This is what i do with all my kit.

Make sure BD player is set to output 24fps.

Then use a calibration disc ( I use DVE around £13 for BD). Make settings with all artificial Contrast, Motion, and Sharpness settings turned off. This will give you perfect contrast, sharpness and edges will be as good as is possible due to correct sharpness and no colour blees.

Try a disc and see what needs improving ( with a panel as good as Sammy's i would guess very little)

If its movement, try 'artificial' improvement. Contrast etc. Play around as all other settings will be 'spot on'.

This is how i get Philips TV's correct.

Oh' and give you're set chance to settle. My Philips barely has any picture issues at all yet the reviews say otherwise. Seriously though it took 2 months to run perfect so be patient with Sammy.

A

Anonymous

Film mode - auto 2

Try changing this to auto 1 mate!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts