More detailed sound

Old is good

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a Rega Planer P3/Dynavector dv 10x5 cartridge. I would like a more detailed mid-range and would like advice if the cartridge should be improved and if so what cartridge. The cartridge is fed into a Rega Aria. /My amp is Cambridge cxa60./ Speakers=Acoustic 3050 with a Tannoy2:10 / Speaker Cables are Chord Clearway. The interconnects are Chord. Any advice would be welcome.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Old is good said:
I have a Rega Planer P3/Dynavector dv 10x5 cartridge. I would like a more detailed mid-range and would like advice if the cartridge should be improved and if so what cartridge. The cartridge is fed into a Rega Aria. /My amp is Cambridge cxa60./ Speakers=Acoustic 3050 with a Tannoy2:10 / Speaker Cables are Chord Clearway. The interconnects are Chord. Any advice would be welcome.

Speaker change. Try Leemas out.

Statesman may have a point with speakers but I would try and play with the settings on your Aria first.

Come to think of it the only settings are for MC cartridges, do you have it connected to the MM input?

Failing that change the cartridge. Personally I never saw the point of high output moving coil cartridges, you may get what you need from a decent moving magnet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts