Monitor Audio RX2 x QEF Q300

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello experts, i need ur help!

Ive been looking for my first setup and im yet to decide wich speakers im getting...

Im going for a HRT music streamer II + Marantz PM6004 or 8004 + Pair of Bookshelfs.

After a really long time researching i found 2 bookshelf models: Monitor Audio RX2 x QEF Q300

First of all, i live in a small city and i will not be able to audition bookshelfs, so ill buy it blindly!

How u guys could compare both bookshelfs? Which one is more present on bass? I listen mainly rock so bass and mids are very important.

Thanks for help!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If you can afford RX2's, I would be choosing between those and the KEF R100. The R100's are better quality than the Q300's, as good as they are. I would taken any R model over any Q model.

A

Anonymous

Might i suggest another speaker for consideration. The B&W CM1. I didn't hear the Kefs but i found the RX2's quite bright, even harsh by comparison. I have the Marantz PM6004 amp and decided on the CM1s after a very careful and lengthy (3 hour) audition. They're extremely well built too. If it means anything the RX2s were the top of my list but after hearing them i discounted them quite quickly.

ricardovaz said:
Hello experts, i need ur help!

Ive been looking for my first setup and im yet to decide wich speakers im getting...

Im going for a HRT music streamer II + Marantz PM6004 or 8004 + Pair of Bookshelfs.

After a really long time researching i found 2 bookshelf models: Monitor Audio RX2 x QEF Q300

First of all, i live in a small city and i will not be able to audition bookshelfs, so ill buy it blindly!

How u guys could compare both bookshelfs? Which one is more present on bass? I listen mainly rock so bass and mids are very important.

Thanks for help!

Hi ricardovaz

Monitor Audio's Silver RX2's with incorporating their big 8" mid/bass drive potent help reproduce a potent bass with a clear, crisp and dynamic mid range presentation which should suit the genre of music that you mainly listen to :) Alternatively Dynaudio's DM 2/7 speakers are also worth a look.

http://www.dynaudio.com/int/home_loudspeaker_systems/dm/dm_27.php

Btw, what interconnect and speaker cables are you considering?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
If you can afford RX2's, I would be choosing between those and the KEF R100. The R100's are better quality than the Q300's, as good as they are. I would taken any R model over any Q model.

+1

Amen to that..The R100's are AMAZING

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts