monitor audio rs6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have any advice on what components suit monitor audio rs6...currently driving with nad 352 amp and nad 542 source...thinking of upgrading...tired cyrus combo but too lean; tried arcam diva top range which was better but found the amp a tad uninspiring...thinking of maybe roksan kandy combo, cambridge audio 840 combo or kandy amp with rega apollo source...any suggestions

A

Anonymous

hi, hadn't thought of that...though i did consider Nad pre/power combo and keeping same source...would the arcam biamp ok with the nad 352?

A

Anonymous

I'm running the RS6's with The Onkyo 875 and Primare D20 CD player. The result is a beautiful, mellow sound across classical frequencies and middle-of-the-road music. However, the bass tends to be a little too dominant for Rock/Reggie. But for Thaiman's advice, the D20 would have been a blind purchase - a most fortunate and lucky purchase. I tried the Roksan Kandy A1 MKIII - this time, a completely blind and unfortunate purchase - with the RS's. The Kandy/RS6 combination was far too harsh, strident and anything but an easy listen. I had read somewhere on this forum - from Thaiman, I think(apologies, Thaiman, if I'm incorrect) - that the RS6's + Kandy + ------ = too bright. This is exactly what I've experienced.

A

Anonymous

What I can tell you is that my MA GR20's go *very* well with my audiolabs, what are you looking at spending?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts