monitor audio gs20 or tannoy revolution xt 8f

Czarny9120

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
hi there

I look forward to buy new speakers before Christmas and am thinking of tannoys xt 8f

but there is a chance to buy MA gs20 for about 500 and I just what to know what you are thinking guys

I have marantz pm 8005 cd 8005 and am thinking about adding a proper power amp in the future.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Czarny9120 said:
hi there 

I look forward to buy new speakers before Christmas and am thinking of tannoys xt 8f 

but there is a chance to buy MA gs20 for about 500 and I just what to know what you are thinking guys 

I have marantz pm 8005 cd 8005 and am thinking about adding a proper power amp in the future.

And this is only my opinion but id get the tannoy xt8f over the monitor audio any time and then id not even bother with power amp as the 8005 has more than enough juice to run those tannoys great as they are sensitive at 91db. You will see

Czarny9120 said:
hi there

Is your maximum budget about £1000?

What would it be if you forget the unnecessary power amp idea?

Czarny9120

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
well my budget is around 1500 but I do not really want to spend that much. I just want to get better quality ??

am not an audiophile but I do enjoy solid sound , clear detailed with low bass.

Czarny9120 said:
well my budget is around 1500 but I do not really want to spend that much. I just want to get better quality ??

am not an audiophile but I do enjoy solid sound , clear detailed with low bass.

Right, then I'll not mention what I was going to as that would cost you a litttle more.

Go for the Tannoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts