Monitor Audio GR20 and Cyrus CD6SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone think this combo will be too bright with my MF A3.5 amplifier? In my opinion it will smooth out the treble.

Opinions gratefuly sought, especially after the caveat in the review re: partner carefully!

Thanks.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Graham_Thomas:Anyone think this combo will be too bright with my MF A3.5 amplifier? In my opinion it will smooth out the treble. Opinions gratefuly sought, especially after the caveat in the review re: partner carefully!Thanks.

I think you'll need to audition this reallyÿ

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
Graham_Thomas:Anyone think this combo will be too bright with my MF A3.5 amplifier? In my opinion it will smooth out the treble. Opinions gratefuly sought, especially after the caveat in the review re: partner carefully!Thanks.

I think you'll need to audition this reallyÿ

I will thanks Joel - just thought I'd try and get some opinion first before I arrange anything....

A

Anonymous

Jitter:I think you would be delighted, but then I don't have your ears, or preferences.

Thanks. My ears are pink, medium size with quite large lobes, I feel.
emotion-5.gif

Music tastes are very catholic, I used to say warm, laid back until I got my Arcam CD192 (no titters about that please!) and this is an unashamed bump for any more thoughts!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'd say audition a lot before you buy.

The Cyrus CDP's need a good 50hours before theyre broken in properly and the M/A speakers, IMO and from what ive heard in the past, would be a bright match.

Never heard your amp though but have heard the MF X-series amps and they sounded superb.

A

Anonymous

She's a smooth operator baby - not as warm as Arcam, slightly leaner (bass does not bloom or vibrate) but I'm a detail freak anyways and this suits me.

I played my one true main reference track - 'Good Time' by Counting Crows from Hard Candy (keyboards, electric guitar, banjo are panned either left or right , in fact the whole track is a supreme recording) and it blew me away!

Looking forward to playing lots of recordings................

I could never hear anything special on the Mobile Fidelity Permanent Waves by Rush, although it was a lovely clean master - on the 8SE this is a beaut.

DSOTM - wow - sounds fresh and vital, superb - spacing between sound effects and instruments is unbelievable!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts