Monitor Audio Bronze 100

manicm

A few here on the forum were contemplating getting this speaker, so it's reassuring that it comes recommended by reviewers like Andrew Robinson who I suspect prefer a slightly warmer sound, and another from the well known British reviewer:

My main issue with reviews in general is the partnering equipment many reviewers tend to use, yes it's their reference setup but in most cases totally unrealistic and so the review itself is meaningless.
Stick a pair of these speakers on the end of a system with thousands of pounds worth of amplification and a similarly priced source and yes they may sound pretty good.
Stick them in a system more akin to their price point and the results may be depressingly less glowing.
However, that's the nature of reviews in general, they all have a reference system so that any deficiencies they hear must be down to the actual item they are reviewing.
So take heed of what other equipment these reviewers use in their assessments, if they actually publish it, then ignore their comments and go listen yourself.
It's the only way at the end of the day.

Reactions: Tinman1952
My main issue with reviews in general is the partnering equipment many reviewers tend to use, yes it's their reference setup but in most cases totally unrealistic and so the review itself is meaningless.
Stick a pair of these speakers on the end of a system with thousands of pounds worth of amplification and a similarly priced source and yes they may sound pretty good.
Stick them in a system more akin to their price point and the results may be depressingly less glowing.
However, that's the nature of reviews in general, they all have a reference system so that any deficiencies they hear must be down to the actual item they are reviewing.
So take heed of what other equipment these reviewers use in their assessments, if they actually publish it, then ignore their comments and go listen yourself.
It's the only way at the end of the day.
That's pretty much true, but there are many other aspects: who has a dedicated listening room that has sound deadening potential of a padded cell? Most people have hard flooring or suspended floors blah blah blah... very few houses or flats mirror a dedicated reviewers set-up.

Then add in a plethora of various reference equipment....

Reactions: Tinman1952

gasolin

I think most reviewers don't have a crappy system, if a speaker has crude high frequencies, it's enought for me not to try a pair, i hate intrusive,sharp highs, i can't change that with cable,amps, the only way to get rid of it,is to buy different speaker

Tinman1952

I think most reviewers don't have a crappy system, if a speaker has crude high frequencies, it's enought for me not to try a pair, i hate intrusive,sharp highs, i can't change that with cable,amps, the only way to get rid of it,is to buy different speaker
Monitor Audio tweeters have been regarded for many years as definitely 'not crude'. I don't like harsh highs either but I would be happy with MA's implementation...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts