Monitor Audio BR2 vs Focal Chorus 705v

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just been to my local Hi Fi shop to audition speakers. I fully expetced to come away with the MA BR2s in the light of so many great reviews, but then I heard the Focal 705vs. There was a noticeable improvement in soundstaging and depth - as a classical music fan I could begin to understand what serious high-enders mean about having the orchestra in the room when you listen. My only concern was a certain brightness about the sound, which may mean I have to think carefully about pairing with source/amp. I'm thinking of upgrading my old Technics separates to, perhaps, the Marantz 6002 cd/amp combo (though that depends on the what the new 3 series is like).

I can't find many reviews of the Focals and would really appreciate some thoughts. Also, if £300 is my budget, should I be listening to any other speakers that might rival the 705vs?

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jameshughes:
I've just been to my local Hi Fi shop to audition speakers. I fully expetced to come away with the MA BR2s in the light of so many great reviews, but then I heard the Focal 705vs. There was a noticeable improvement in soundstaging and depth - as a classical music fan I could begin to understand what serious high-enders mean about having the orchestra in the room when you listen. My only concern was a certain brightness about the sound, which may mean I have to think carefully about pairing with source/amp. I'm thinking of upgrading my old Technics separates to, perhaps, the Marantz 6002 cd/amp combo (though that depends on the what the new 3 series is like).

I can't find many reviews of the Focals and would really appreciate some thoughts. Also, if £300 is my budget, should I be listening to any other speakers that might rival the 705vs?

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.

Check out the Denon DCD-700AE. It is a superb cd player for the money and is nice and warm to boot. I had it paired with my RS6s for a while and was very happy with the sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts