mobile hi-fi system?

mancini

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I am moving to South East Asia and am looking for the best possible "mobile Hi-fi" combo that I could take with me there and bring back summer to enjoy when I come back to France over the summer, and then back to S.E Asia at the end of the summer. I mainly listen to Jazz, and I play piano in a jazz band so hi-fi music is always on at home...

I have digitized all of my CD collection on Apple Lossless , since I use Apple for profesional reasons.

I see two options:

1/ I thought I could get the Nad D 3020 for its size, portabliltiy and sound quality obsiously. question is: what matching speakers could I pack in a suitcase to go along with it?

2/ I can go without an amp and get hi-fi satellite speaker ( 2.1 systems) ( cabasse eole system, focal bird system etc), bummer is I don't want to go around with the bulky subwoofer...). Anyone know of HI-fi similar compact statellite speakers without a subwoofer? do they exist? is there a pair that would go with the Nad d 3020 of point 1) ?

would greatly appreciate any info!

thanks.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My advice would be to travel light ... if you take expensive equipment it may get damaged and carrying around a hifi system sounds like a big hassle

Have you thought of using your phone / tablet / PC and wireless (e.g. Airplay) or Bluetooth streaming to a portable speaker? There are many such wireless / Bluetooth speakers on the market and the quality is pretty good. I would also pack a nice set of headphones as well.

PS There is another thread about a stereo pair of Bluetooth speakers ... here

For sound quality alone I would look at a Colorfly C4 Pro or the Astell & Kern equivalent, a decent pair of headphones, and a portable speaker.

Both of these are excellent DACs as well as portable music players and will quite easily integrate into a 'full-system' whenever you get around to buying one in the future.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Best thing I reckon for your scenario would be a decent pair of small powered/active speakers. There's models available from a couple of hundred pounds to a thousand plus, depending the quality.

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Why mess about with the hassle and compromises of carrying around a pair of small speakers when you could get high quality, easy to transport headphones for the same price.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
MakkaPakka said:
Why mess about with the hassle and compromises of carrying around a pair of small speakers when you could get high quality, easy to transport headphones for the same price.

Got to agree with Makka, but if you want to fill the room these'll do the job (with carry case).

http://www.thomann.de/gb/focal_cms50_bundle.htm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts