MKV2Vob ideal settings for PS3?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey

Finally after 1 year, sorted PS3 steaming MKV2Vob

Some kind sould has walked me through how to use MKV2Vob and OMG I cant belive how fast it transcodes the files,

it was like 2 min for a 7gb file.

Anyway, what setting to you have for transcode speed, as I have it on fast, will that affect quality, or can I use the slower transcode settings without it affected the encoding.

Thanks

Oh and I think the others are medium/xvid, x264/slow

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
When its 2 mins, all its doing is changing the headers, the film itself hasnt changed at all

When it needs to transcode, then id recommend 'slow', else youll get a drop in quality (but transcoding will take hours)

A

Anonymous

Thanks mate, yeh got it on fast and it is fast.

Maybe not 2 min, but 5-10 min at the most.

Would rather a bit of a drop in quality than go on slow and it take hours.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
canada16:
Thanks mate, yeh got it on fast and it is fast.

Maybe not 2 min, but 5-10 min at the most.

Would rather a bit of a drop in quality than go on slow and it take hours.

Your misunderstanding

Your not transcoding at those speeds, your changing the headers. Youll know when its transcoding

A

Anonymous

Hey, so if its just renaming the file/folder, how come its playing fine on the PS3?

Surley if its still the MKV file, the PS3 codec would not play it like before?

I am not that clued up on the tech side of things.

Thanks

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
canada16:
Hey, so if its just renaming the file/folder, how come its playing fine on the PS3?

Surley if its still the MKV file, the PS3 codec would not play it like before?

I am not that clued up on the tech side of things.

Thanks

Youll note the filesize is bigger. The PS3 wont play MKVs, but it WILL play whatevers IN the MKVs (MKV is just a 'container', not an actual type of file). So all its doing is changing whatevers needed for the file to play on the PS3. The actual picture data remains unchanged.

When it needs to transcode, your cpu will jump to 100% for a few hours (Maybe 30 mins on 'fast', ive never actually ran it on fast transcode, but as I said, there WILL be a drop in quality)

A

Anonymous

Ah thanks man.

Will try the slower setting and see if its worth waiting the extra bit.

I cant belive how much stress I went through trying to play MKV files, and it this program is so fast and easy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts