Mixed Emotions

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Just have to share this with you to try and ease the pain.

My Naim CD5XS arrived today.

I reverently took the box from the courier and duly ripped the wrapping off, unpacked the machine, Then I unscrewed the transport bolt and hooked it up to the amp... switched it on, put a CD in, pressed play... nothing!... silence!

I called the dealer to express my horror and they assured me that it had been configured for phono, rather than din and should be working.

I had to wait until my wife came home, as I'm blind, so she could double check that it had indeed been set properly and it had.

We called the dealer again and they talked us through how to reset the config, but no, it just kept coming up with an error message.

Now disappointed though I am, Julian from Audio T in Brighton certainly rescued the situation. He has promised to get hold of another ex dem CD5XS for me and personally deliver and install for me. No mean feet, as I am about an hour and a half drive from him.

So, the anticipation goes on!

Sugden A21L amp, Naim CD5XS CDP, Chord Cobra3 i.c. pair of ProAc Studio 130's

matthewpiano

These things happen unfortunately but it is the way they are dealt with that really counts. I am not surprised that you are getting good service from Audio T. I find them a very friendly and efficient company to deal with based on experience of 3 of their branches.

Do let us know how things turn out. The anticipation must be difficult for you!

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
what a pain! good customer service though, hope your sorted soon.
emotion-19.gif

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
matthewpiano:These things happen unfortunately but it is the way they are dealt with that really counts. I am not surprised that you are getting good service from Audio T. I find them a very friendly and efficient company to deal with based on experience of 3 of their branches. Do let us know how things turn out. The anticipation must be difficult for you!

O so painful! but got to keep things in perspective.

I've Bought my first proper Hi Fi separates from Julian over 30 years ago, when his store was known as Jeffries Hi Fi. and have had dealings with him on and off, but really didn't expect such personal service.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Macspur:I've Bought my first proper Hi Fi separates from Julian over 30 years ago, when his store was known as Jeffries Hi Fi. and have had dealings with him on and off, but really didn't expect such personal service.

My local Audio-T was also a Jeffries once. (The manager, Nick, has been there forever.) They also have exemplary service.

In the early 1980s I was using Chichester Hifi (In 'Little London' opposite where the B&O showroom is nowadays). After Rob sold up I think he went to work in Brighton (maybe Jeffries). Do you remember him?

Who knows, we may have bumped into each other at the only hifi show I ever went to. It was hosted by Jeffries at the Royal Albion hotel in Brighton around 1982 or 1983 I think. (Ricardo Franassovici and Absolute Sounds had an amazing demo of Oracle, Infinity Black-Widow, Koetsu, Audio Research, Krell and Etude MP-1 speakers.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
chebby:

Macspur:I've Bought my first proper Hi Fi separates from Julian over 30 years ago, when his store was known as Jeffries Hi Fi. and have had dealings with him on and off, but really didn't expect such personal service.

My local Audio-T was also a Jeffries once. (The manager, Nick, has been there forever.) They also have exemplary service.

In the early 1980s I was using Chichester Hifi (In 'Little London' opposite where the B&O showroom is nowadays). After Rob sold up I think he went to work in Brighton (maybe Jeffries). Do you remember him?

Who knows, we may have bumped into each other at the only hifi show I ever went to. It was hosted by Jeffries at the Royal Albion hotel in Brighton around 1982 or 1983 I think. (Ricardo Franassovici and Absolute Sounds had an amazing demo of Oracle, Infinity Black-Widow, Koetsu, Audio Research, Krell and Etude MP-1 speakers.

Can't say I recall a Rob, but to be fare, I only ever dealt with Julian. Never had the good fortune to go to any Hi Fi exhibition... sounds like a stunner though!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts