Mission mission

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to add a pair of rear speakers to my somewhat basic but growing system. I have Mission speakers for the front and centre and want to keep consistency but am unsure as to which to go for. Options are Mission M30i, M31i & M32is. Yes they are budget but should the obvious choice be the more powerful ones namely M32is or should it not matter too much. I don't want the weight of the M33i floorstanders to drown the rears.

Also should I consider another pair to turn my system into a 7.1 and buy 2 pairs of the same?? Which would compliment what I have?

Whilst on subject I am lost with the current wave of new av receivers and want advice as to whether I should concentrate on a receiver capable of handling 7.1. Would I hear the difference or should I think about a 7.1 receiver and bi-wire the fronts (limiting to 5.1) or should I just buy a 5.1 receiver??

I have been looking at Denon 1909/Yamaha 783/Onkyo 606 with particular interest of price and ofcourse availability. It will be my first receiver and although on a budget (£400) wish it to be as future proof as possible. Ability to handle upscaled 1080p signal needed, HD-Audio, Ipod dock option and min 3 hdmi inputs ideal.

Any recommendations would be warmly received.

Sorry I am a forum virgin so break me in gently
emotion-1.gif

Thanks

Chris

Panny TH37PX80B

Onkyo DVSP406

Mission M33is front

Mission M3C2i centre

Messiah

Chris247:
I am looking to add a pair of rear speakers to my somewhat basic but growing system. I have Mission speakers for the front and centre and want to keep consistency but am unsure as to which to go for. Options are Mission M30i, M31i & M32is. Yes they are budget but should the obvious choice be the more powerful ones namely M32is or should it not matter too much. I don't want the weight of the M33i floorstanders to drown the rears.

Well I think the M32is have been discontinued?? Anyway, I would go for the M31is as they have received decent reviews. Depends on how much you have to spend. I would not worry about the fronts drowning out the rears as the set up process on the receivers would sort this out.

Chris247:

Also should I consider another pair to turn my system into a 7.1 and buy 2 pairs of the same?? Which would compliment what I have?

Depends if you have the room and the budget. Most soundtracks still do not utilise the full 7.1 array but most receivers will generate effects for these channels. If you have the room and the budget then why not? At least it will put your mind at ease and you will not be left wondering whether you should have got them.

Chris247:

Whilst on subject I am lost with the current wave of new av receivers and want advice as to whether I should concentrate on a receiver capable of handling 7.1. Would I hear the difference or should I think about a 7.1 receiver and bi-wire the fronts (limiting to 5.1) or should I just buy a 5.1 receiver??

Similar answer to before for this one. I would go straight for the 7.1 array if space/funds permit. You should notice the difference. You could still biwire the fronts whereas if you had the spare channels from the rear you could Biamp them.

Chris247:

I have been looking at Denon 1909/Yamaha 783/Onkyo 606 with particular interest of price and of course availability. It will be my first receiver and although on a budget (£400) wish it to be as future proof as possible. Ability to handle upscaled 1080p signal needed, HD-Audio, Ipod dock option and min 3 hdmi inputs ideal.

The receivers you mention are being replaced or have been so you may want to look into the new crop.....

A

Anonymous

Thanks Messiah,

It seems to be a minefield of products so just want to make sure i buy the best i can afford and one that is suitable, also been looking at Onkyo 607 which is the new one although a little pricey for my budget. I could wait and see if price drops a bit though.

TRENDING THREADS