mid priced docking system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to get a decent sound out of my ipod, for say 4-600 pounds (flexible)

how might the B+W Zeppelin compare to the KEF picoforte 3 + KUBE 1 subwoofer?

or should I be thinking along different lines with separate docking station + amp + speakers ?

thx

idc

Hi markrw,

If you have enough space and want a more traditional hifi with the scale to your music that speakers positioned apart bring, then you should look to an amp and speakers. But many hifis are ruined because the room just does not fit them and the speakers end up in corners, partially blocked by furniture etc. If your room is small, oddly shaped, or you just do want it dominated by the hifi or you want an extra for the spare room/kitchen then look at the speaker docks.

If you want convenience, but still to get room filling sound of a very good quaility then it is the speaker dock route. I have only heard the Zeppelin, which is better than my Bose. The sound was very full and meaty, but it still had a good separation between instruments and it sounded clear at low volumes. But you are aware all of the sound is coming from one small area. The KEF has the advantage of speakers to give that give a wider sound stage. But both will serve just as well as a main system.

A

Anonymous

I have heard the Zepplin, Vita (£550 - with DAB & CD player), Roberts (£250 sih with DAB / CD) and Kicker (£200)

Kicker - quite basey, but excellent sound for price

Vita R4 - great detail, less punch, but does have 3 options for adjusting EQ low, med & high & 3D sound

Zepplin - good all rounder, can only adjust via ipod EQ.

Roberts - don't bother!

It really comes down to personal preference, but my money would be on....hmmm, .... either the Kicker or Vita, both fill the room well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts