Micro System or dirt cheap separates.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

dim_span

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
for your £300 budget ...

Pioneer A400 (£110 on ebay)

Pioneer PD7700 CDP (£50 on ebay)

Mission 751 speakers (£100 on ebay)

total: approx £260 (most prob a bit cheaper than that) .... that leaves you £40 for interconnects/cables

the above system works very well together .... buy a cheap DAC and connect spotify/internet radio to the system aswell

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Madmax111 said:
Marantz vs Denon M39 vs Onkyo N755

Dear Chebby

I plan to purchase either of three (Marantz 603/denon M39/Onkyo N755) and pair them with Wharfdale Diomond 220 speakers. I mostly listen to rock (Dire starits, Guns & Roses kind and country music ). I am looking for deep detailed sound at low/mid volumes with tight and respectable bass. Demo of all may not be possible as the systems have to be pre ordered as they are not readily available in my country.

Please suggest the best fit. You may recommend another speakers in the similar price bracket.

Thanks

This thread is now 2 years old and Marantz no longer make the M-CR603. (They replaced it with the M-CR610 over a year ago.)

I have not heard the Wharfedales that you asked about and I cannot recommend my own speakers because they are no longer in production (and would blow your budget anyway).

A colleague of mine is having an excellent time with his new Denon DM39DAB (and a pair of old, but mint condition, Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition speakers that I sold him) but I have not heard it - or the Onkyo - so I can't really help you.

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I have had a DM39 with Dali Zensor 1 speakers for a couple of years now. This combo blew me away! These speakers really do make justice to the Denon.
Anyway, what I really find a bit odd is the fact it can't play loseless files from the Usb port. The manual says it's got a 192khz/32 bit DAC. So, I wonder what kind of DAC does it really have? Just enough to enhance Cd and Mp3 sound a little? What are your thoughts? (based on knowldedge and/or personal accounts)
Lately, I have been thinking about upgrading to a new gear to enjoy high definition music too. Hence two options:

1) Sell the DM39 and with the required extra cash buy something like a CEOL N9 or Marrantz MCR611
2) Get a dragonfly V1.2 Dac just to play my HD flacs from the PC through the DM39 amplifier

In your opinion, which option would be better, as far sound quality is concerned, for loseless/HD files?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts