MF M5si or Unison research Unico Primo with Epos Elan ?

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello !
I own the Epos Elan 10 .My Opera Consonance A100 is a bit oldish and I'd like something new .
My research stopped at theses two integrated amps
I am curious if somone herd these combinations and their opinions .
I didn't heard the MF
I auditioned teh Unico Primo and liked it , but not with my speakers ( there were Triangles .
So ?

Hello !
I own the Epos Elan 10 .My Opera Consonance A100 is a bit oldish and I'd like something new .
My research stopped at theses two integrated amps
I am curious if somone herd these combinations and their opinions .
I didn't heard the MF
I auditioned teh Unico Primo and liked it , but not with my speakers ( there were Triangles .
So ?
With Epos speakers generally the best match (or should be) is Creek. But you'd need to demo & see if it floats your boat.

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Simpler to say than to d o
The closest showroom is at 500 km.
When I listened some Creek it didn't impressed me . The Naim amps also
Not better than my system back home at least for the money they were asking ( speakers were ProAc,Spendors ,some Epos 12 maybe ,don't remember well ) I mean price /SQ ratio not acceptable to me .
But I really loved the Unison/Triangle combo .
I'll probably go Unison ...or maybe not ...:rolleyes: Maybe I' ll give another chance to the Creek Evolution A100?

Seems to me that the Epos speakers are not too well known by many people ( searched on the net , few opinions from the owners ...Probably ,being a small brand they are not very much advertised these days .More opinions about the old models in the M series ( M5 and M12 )

Last edited:

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Problem ;
the Epos Elan are 4 Ohm It seems that The Unison is 8 Ohm output and the MF also .That means it won't be a good match
Have to look for amps that have 4 Ohm output spec.
Any ideas ? Creek is one

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts